Goofball McGee (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
"Goofball" John McGee, better known as Goofball McGee is a one time character from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, appearing in the infamous episode "Imposter's Home for um... Make 'Em Up Pals" as the main antagonist. He is an imaginary friend resembling a human teenager wearing a clown nose and tie.
Why He Sucks
- To get the elephant out of the room, Goofball is a karma houdini as he puts Frankie through so much trouble as he gets off scot-free.
- He forces Frankie to do his laundry the second he enters Foster’s and threw his dirty jersey at her.
- Made Frankie do his homework for him and bathe Eduardo twice.
- He crashed the Foster’s bus into the garage.
- He woke up the the babies that took Frankie forty-five minutes to put to sleep for no reason and bribed them to give them candy to stop crying for Frankie to tell them they can’t have candy which makes them cry again and say they hate Frankie and Goofball accuses Frankie of getting their hopes up and say she’s bad with kids.
- He along with Bloo ate the entire food in the kitchen and made Frankie buy more food from her own pockets only to order pizza for dinner and made Frankie pay for that too.
- He invited his friends and made a mess in the hallways for Frankie to clean and sneezed in Frankie’s face at the game room.
- He exposed Frankie’s imaginary friend disguise so she wouldn’t be able to go to the concert and Frankie gets punished to clean the whole house.
- He kept Frankie from going to a concert she really wanted to go and took her place and boasted about it to her.
- The plot twist where the episode was highly implicating that he was a teenager posing as an imaginary friend but was really is an imaginary friend was really weak and forced.
- Whether he really was an imaginary friend or not, this does not excuse his actions.
- His voice is grating to listen to, as he sounds like an even more high-pitched SpongeBob (despite sharing the same voice actor) and is a waste of Tom Kenny's talent.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- He was never shown again after his only episode.
Alongside Bendy, Goofball is one of the most disliked characters in the series, due to him acting like a total jerk to Frankie. Goofball has been criticized for his painfully obvious human-like design and attitude, alongside the way the episode dropped hints that he was actually human, but in the end ignored them when he is revealed to be an Imaginary Friend all along, making the reveal feel extremely forced. Due to Goofball's negative response by many fans and critics alike, he is attended as a one-time character only. Similar to Bendy's removal from the show's premises due to his negative response from fans as well, Goofball stays with his creator in Canada, as he and the McGees are never seen or even mentioned again afterwards.