Gilbert Shelbourne (or simply known as Gil) is a character that appears in a Canadian-American TV show adaptation of the 2009 American film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. He is a classmate and rival of Flint Lockwood in high school. He is the son of Mayor Shelbourne.
Gilbert respects his dad a lot. He will do anything to make his dad proud. However, nothing he does makes really makes his dad proud of him. Gilbert is sometimes described as braggy as shown in the episode “My pop is tops”, in which he brags about the phone his dad bought for him.
Why He Sucks
- While most characters that are new to a series are well implemented, Gilbert feels like a huge afterthought, since he never appears or is mentioned in the movies (not even by his father, Mayor Shelbourne himself).
- Just like how his dad was flanderized, Gilbert takes rather large levels of jerkass.
- He commonly annoys Flint and others.
- It seems that his dad only cares about him, yet Gilbert is just braggy.
- He once injured Flint while riding on a swing in the season 2 episode "Sardine Babies".
- He tells unfunny jokes.
- In the season 1 episode Virtu-Earl Reality, he acted as a guard in the purpose to get Earl off the premises. Weirdly enough, Gilbert got knocked to the floor once he hitted Earl with a baton.
- At least he was kind to Sam in the aforementioned season 2 episode, since he gave her a Sardini plush.
- He's way better than his dad.