Gavin Throttle is a one-time character and minor antagonist in South Park. His only appearance was in the heavily panned episode Stanley's Cup, in which he serves as the coach of the Adams County Pee-Wee Hockey Team, a rival team Stan's team faces in the episode.
Why He Sucks
- Gavin is a complete Gary Stu who believes that his team is more superior than Stan's.
- Because of his mindset as the coach, his team also provokes a similar arrogant mindset as he does.
- He and his team only care about winning, and nothing else.
- He proved to be very mean-spirited and even sadistic in a sense, as he showed no sympathy that his opposing team has one member (Nelson) suffering from cancer.
- This is especially evidenced when he trash-talks Stan's team before the hockey match, telling him "We're gonna beat you into the ground, cancer or no!"
- Even in spite of his brash pride, his team proved to be no better than Stan's team, as the hockey match ended in a 0-0 draw.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- At least his team didn't resort to extreme brutality and torture on Stan's team, unlike a certain other team later on in the same episode.