G.U.N (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
G.U.N (Guardian Unit of Nations) is a recurring military group in the Sonic The Hedgehog series, first being introduced in Sonic Adventure 2.
- They arrested and captured Sonic just because they thought he was Shadow. Also, THEY CAN'T TELL SONIC AND SHADOW APART.
- It's later revealed that they deliberately used Sonic as a scapegoat for all the crimes that Shadow did, even though Sonic saved the citizens of Station Square by defeating Perfect Chaos in the previous game.
- They have a huge disregard for people's property and safety, as they deliberately plowed through personal vehicles with their truck while chasing Sonic.
- They killed Maria for no reason. It's explained that they aimed for Shadow, but still.
- Their commander blamed Maria's death on Shadow, even though he was trying to protect her and G.U.N killed her.
- Furthermore, said commander, who was Maria's best friend, actually ended up joining G.U.N. What kind of sense does it make to join a military group that's actually responsible for your friend's death?
- Not only that, but if the G.U.N. commander had a vendetta against Shadow for several years, then why did they arrest Sonic during the events of Sonic Adventure 2?
- They do NOTHING to stop Eggman in Sonic Adventure 2 (aside from trying to prevent his escape from Prison Island).
- They let Tails use their computer lab after he received Rouge's ID in Sonic Battle. Why doesn't the guard question him on where he got the ID?
- They didn't let Rouge escape the vault even though she was working for them in Sonic Adventure 2.
- In Sonic X, the elderly G.U.N soldier who killed Maria shows regret in doing so.
- They at least apologized to Shadow after the events of Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Also in the same game, the commander realizes that Shadow had amnesia and feels bad for trying to kill him.
- They actually DO try to stop Eggman in Sonic X.
- They are a bit better in Sonic 06 and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- They get a minor comeuppance in Adventure 2 when their prison is blown to bits.
- Despite their major mishaps, it's good to see that the Sonic world has a military.