Frank Jay (a.k.a Frank The Prankster) is a fictional character and a recurring antagonist in the Dhar Mann video series. He is portrayed by Devon Weetly.
As his name says, he is a prankster who loves to play pranks on others, but some of his pranks can sometimes cross the line a little in certain cases.
He has four best friends who are also his prank partners: Blake (portrayed by Ayden Mekus), David (portrayed by Julius Lambrecht), Hunter (portrayed by Chandler Dunman) and Derrick (portrayed by Paul Fulmano).
He now lives in a mansion with his unamed brother (portrayed by Eli Holmes) and his mother, Mrs. Jay (portrayed by Shaunte Massard, famous for portraying Regina Lawson, Jay's Mom).
So You See, This Is Why He (Intentionally) Should Stop Pulling Pranks In Others
- He is a very boring and generic boy whose only personality is pulling pranks and challenges on others.
- He is so mischievous as to pull pranks and challenges that are completely mean and dangerous on others and his life. Here are some examples:
- Trying to do various TikTok trends that are very risky and fatal, like: "The Crate Challenge", "The Hot Sauce Challenge", "The Blindfold Challenge", etc., just to reach a million followers on TikTok to beat Blake, its biggest rival, but soon failing to follow ("TikToker RISKS LIFE For VIEWS, He Lives To Regret It").
- Shaking a can of Sprite so Aliya splashes the can and he pretends he was just lending her can when he actually pranked her ("TikTok PRANKSTER Goes TOO FAR, He Instantly Regrets It").
- Put a glitter bomb in Kenza's backpack and still have her clean up the mess ("TikTok PRANKSTER Goes TOO FAR, He Instantly Regrets It").
- Placing a banana peel on the floor for Brandon to slip and ruin his project and also make Brandon clean the banana peel ("TikTok PRANKSTER Goes TOO FAR, He Instantly Regrets It").
- Putting milk and flour on top of the door for someone to spill ("TikTok PRANKSTER Goes TOO FAR, He Instantly Regrets It"), but soon regretting it after discovering that it was Principal Steven who was entering.
- Purposely scaring Simone, Erica, and Brandon with a monster costume ("Teacher GETS REVENGE On Students, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Pulling a tongue stuck on a fake fork prank with Blake in the cafeteria ("Teacher GETS REVENGE On STUDENTS, What Happens Is Shocking"). Even this scene can be considered very scary and disturbing for younger viewers watching Dhar Mann.
- Scaring some students with a fake snake and a killer clown mask just coming out of the dumpster, which he and Blake planned on ("Teacher GETS REVENGE On STUDENTS, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Tampering with the high school movie at the Halloween Party just putting a video of a ghost together with Blake ("Teacher GETS REVENGE On STUDENTS, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Scaring two teenagers and spend 24 hours in an abandoned haunted house with Blake ("Teens Spend 24 HOURS In HAUNTED HOUSE, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Playing various pranks in the bathroom, library and also in the classroom together with Hunter ("Teens Take HALLOWEEN PRANK Too Far, They Live To Regret It"), and it even causes them to miss the college assembly because of it.
- Bullying Greta by just hitting a foam balloon and throwing feathers and giving her a One Chip Challenge chip ("Teen Takes APRIL FOOLS' DAY PRANK Too Far, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Putting too much soap in the washing machine and putting pink dye on your mother's clothes and even not helping her with these situations ("Teen Takes APRIL FOOLS' DAY PRANK Too Far, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Similar to Thomas the Tank Engine from the Sharon Miller era of Thomas & Friends and Norman Price from modern Fireman Sam, when he supposedly "learns his lesson" at the end of the video, he forgets everything he's learned in the very next video and continues doing another stupid pranks and challenges.
- For example, he's given a brief development in "TikTok PRANKSTER Goes TOO FAR, He Instantly Regrets It" where he finally understands what he's done, but in "Teacher GETS REVENGE On Students, What Happens Is Shocking" he continues his journey unpleasant in the world of pranks.
- He is a semi-rehash of Luan Loud from The Loud House, as they both have the same traits and the same personalities, only Luan Loud is more tolerable.
- In "Teen Takes APRIL FOOLS' DAY PRANK Too Far, What Happens Is Shocking", he brags about how wealthy he is just because he lives in a giant mansion and has everything he wants, despite the fact that this mansion is a family heirloom from her mom's aunt who had passed away.
- He can sometimes go a little overboard, as shown in "Teen Takes APRIL FOOLS' DAY PRANK Too Far, What Happens Is Shocking", where we have the infamous scene where he says that her mom's aunt's death was the best thing that already happened. This scene is too much for Dhar Mann's standards, and is still considered disrespectful to the dead. Doesn't that remind you of something?
- He is at his absolute worst in "Teen Takes APRIL FOOLS' DAY PRANK Too Far, What Happens Is Shocking", as he not only talks about his aunt's death being the best thing that ever happened, but he also torments Greta twice... and for no reason at all! First, he pops a foam balloon on Greta in her coat and shoes and brags about how rich she is in her new shoes, and worst of all... he gives her a One Chip Challenge chip and shakes a bottle of Sprite, so that it explodes at Greta. These scenes are considered quite depressing, sad and painful because Greta is poor and it's quite unacceptable to see such a thing happen, and yet... what did Greta do to make him act that way?!
- "But have you seen her shoes? They are crusty, dusty, musty and ugly!"
- Most of the Dhar Mann videos he appears in are very predictable and formulaic, as they involve him pulling pranks in others, but ultimately being punished in the end.
- He never redeems himself in any video.
- Unlike other characters in Dhar Mann, such as Mikey Miller, Jay Lawson and Eddie Valentino, it appears he'll most likely receive no character development or even fully decent moments since he remains the exact same, and has even gotten somewhat worse and exaggerated over time.
- After he was introduced, he is now often the focus or side character of way too many videos, which only shows Dhar Mann jumping the shark.
- Like most of the other antagonists in the Dhar Mann video series, at least he gets his comeuppance for his antics.
- Devon Weetly did a great job portraying him, as he is more expressive and not stale, unlike the other Dhar Mann actors featured in the videos.
- He cares about his friends, like his BFFs: Blake, David, Hunter and Derrick.
- He has his funny moments, such as the mentioned scene in "TikTok PRANKSTER Goes TOO FAR, He Instantly Regrets It" where he fails one of his pranks when Principal Steven entered the door and the milk and the feathers spilled all over him.
- He at least apologized to Greta after everything he'd done and even gave her his iPhone 14 in "Teen Takes APRIL FOOLS' DAY PRANK Too Far, What Happens Is Shocking".
- Even that moment was quite sweet and pleasant, since he realized that it's not good to be poor and still did an act of charity.
- Some of his received punishments seem somehow fair. For example:
- In "TikTok PRANKSTER Goes TOO FAR, He Instantly Regrets It", he was made to sweep the school floor during recess for 1 month for his aforementioned prank on Principal Steven.
- In "Teen Takes APRIL FOOLS' DAY PRANK Too Far, What Happens Is Shocking", his mother had played an April Fools' prank on him to discover that it's not good to be poor, such as: everyone laughing at his clothes and shoes, the his car being different and him having to live with his grandmother.
- In "TikToker RISKS LIFE For VIEWS, He Lives To Regret It", he discovered that it's not necessary to risk your life on dangerous pranks to become popular on TikTok, and that popularity isn't always everything. And with him coupling all of his risky and dangerous pranks with his goals of reaching 1 million followers, it all ended up in the hospital.
- Though he never redeems himself in any of the videos, he can be likable as he and Hunter are kidnapped by the Burbank Bandit in "Teens Take HALLOWEEN PRANK Too Far, They Live To Regret It" and in that scene where his mom pulls a April Fools' prank where she pretends they are now poor and everyone laughs at him in "Teen Takes APRIL FOOLS' DAY PRANK Too Far, What Happens Is Shocking".