Flim-Flam McScam (The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo)
Flim-Flam is a minor character in the Scooby-Doo franchise. He was introduced in The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo as a clever street child, who briefly joined Scooby-Doo's gang to assist them in returning all the most terrifyingly powerful ghosts and demons back into the Chest of Demons.
Why He Sucked
- While he may not be the first child character to be added to the main cast, he's still a pretty unnecessary additional member.
- He's a good example of what you would call an Ethnic Scrappy - a character hated for being a racist stereotype.
- Scrappy-Doo himself was in the show, but this was around the time when he was starting to improve his characterization and lose his hatred, making Flim-Flam the new most hated character in the franchise. This is a huge achievement, and not in a good way.
- He's a pesky con man who tries to scam many people repetitively and usually succeeds at it. He also never gets punished for it, making him a Karma Houdini.
- He can also be an annoying beggar and a dirty coward on the rare occasions anyone calls him out on his actions. As quoted in one of this lines, "Please don't hurt me!"
- He's much more tolerable in his grown-up form in The Curse of The 13th Ghost.
- Give him credit though, he is one of the smartest members of the gang.
- His character gets poked fun at in Mystery Incorporated, where Daphne mentions that Flim-Flam got a twenty-five to life sentence for his con artist antics.