Flash Sentry (My Little Pony: Equestria Girls)
NOTE: 95th page on this wiki!
Flash Sentry is a male Pegasus pony who first appears in My Little Pony: Equestria Girls as a Crystal Empire royal guard. Following his appearance in Equestria Girls, he has since appeared in series episodes and several IDW comics.
- He's meant to be the supposed love interest of Princess Twilight Sparkle in My Little Pony: Equestria Girls and My Little Pony: Equestria Girls - Rainbow Rocks, yet he's barely seen much on screen and doesn't really develop much chemistry with Twilight, which makes him come off as less of a character and just as an unnecessary romantic plot device.
- His personality is very bland as he comes off as another generic pretty boy that the lead female protagonist falls for at first sight.
- He's not even the right match for Twilight, in hindsight. The way he interacts with Twilight is just so wrong and very out of character for her. Twilight showcases interest in smart people, for crying out loud.
- As he doesn't really appear much on screen, there is hardly any development given to him that allows him to progress as a character outside of a romantic plot device.
- His human design is also pretty generic since it contributes to his bland characterization.
- He belittled Twilight in Rainbow Rocks, due to being Dazzlings’ curse and after the spell was broken, he NEVER apologized to her about that!
- As the series progressed, he became more of a supporting character. He was given a better personality in which he's a goofy and likable womanizer, and he's given moments where he comes off as a nice guy.
- His pony and human designs in the digital series and specials are both actually very cool.
- His guitar skills are impressive.
- He eventually gets over his feelings for Twilight in The Legend of Everfree.
- He proved Twilight's innocence.
- He's voiced by Vincent Tong, who also voiced the roles of Kai from Ninjago, and Touta Matsuda from the English dub of Death Note.