Ess (エス Esu) is one of the playable characters that appear in Puyo Puyo Tetris and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. She is the daughter of Ex and was left in the care of Zed until Ex would return to her. She is voiced by Yui Horie in the Japanese dub, and Eden Riegel in the English dub.
- At first, she does have a cute appearance, but the main problem is that she's insanely bratty and rude to others. For example, she calls out Amitie's ditziness to be irritating which leads to the two not getting along well or some scenes where she finds Tee annoying for his personality.
- Her voice is a pain to listen to for some players, especially those with sensitive hearing.
- If anybody were to disturb her in her nap or question her relationship with Zed, whom she refers to as a "papa", let's just say it's not going to end well. Sound familiar?
- In Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, she has a role that is significantly reduced compared to the first game which makes her more of an extra. Sure, she is a prominent S.S. Tetra crewmember alongside Tee and O, but still.
- Speaking of Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, she manages to take a level in her unlikable characteristics by being portrayed a bit ruder. Compare both the first and second games and you can see it. To be fair, it's only a little bit of that trait.
- She's a hypocrite. Ess dislikes seeing arrogant, spoiled, stuck-up, and self-entitled people. Ironically enough, she behaves like an immature womanchild. This led to Tee and O calling her out for this.
- Whenever she loses, she acts like a sore loser it corresponds with her crabby nature like saying "Ugh, let's try that again!" or "You big meanie!".
- In one of her online greetings quotes, she says "Did you call for me, the amazing Ess?" which proves how egotistical she can be. There are even times when she considers herself "cute" despite thinking about herself.
- Don't get us started with some moments where Ess rages completely with voice acting and her text dialogue in all caps. This is an example when she rages.
- Three (technically four) Words: She's a Butt-Monkey. It's that she got teased once by Jay and Elle and got mocked just for having feelings for Maguro.
- Ess is still cute, despite being unlikable at times, especially due to her design.
- While she may be a jerk, she does have some funny moments that are worth a chuckle regardless of if she goes berserk or not.
- Though annoying for some, we all agree that both Yui Horie and Eden Riegel still did a good job voicing Ess, despite BQ#2.
- In Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, she and Amitie both have a relationship that is improved.
- She still has a good heart deep down to the point that she is a loyal member of the S.S. Tetra.
- She's a good girl towards Zed as she refers to him as her "papa".
- Even if she argues with Tee, there are times when she does well with Tee like when she sides with Arle, Amitie, and Ringo to talk Tee out of becoming the new Keeper of Dimensions or saying that Tee and O "belong to her".
- The reason why she hates being alone is because of a trauma that she faced before. That is justified.
- Her backstory is sad as Ex, her biological dad, was forced to leave Ess behind when he was called to become the Keeper of Dimensions.
- As Ess is green, her design is based on the S Tetrimino.