This page is a candidate for deletion.
General Esdeath (simply known as Esdeath) is the secondary antagonist of the manga, Akame Ga Kill!, and the 2014 anime adaptation of the same name. She is a high-ranking general of the Empire, one of the most powerful Teigu users in the world and the leader of the Jaegers.
- Esdeath was responsible for the deaths of millions of people in the north of the country and several other conflicts and war on account of the rebellion against the Empire. But for some reason, the writers decide to put her in a half-baked relationship with our main character, who witness the corruption of the Empire, which feels creepy at best.
- Esdese is a massive hypocrite who sells her talents to people weaker than herself.
- The insane troll logic of her men working for her is not working for the empire despite sending them out to do the crooked nobilities dirty work is contradictory to her claims.
- She is an all around selfish jerk whom pretends to care about people as an official dignitary yet mocks them after hearing of their demise regardless.
- Her direct endangerment of subordinates being proof that she doesn't care about anyone but herself. Something which is highlighted by her final Trump Card at the end of the Manga which endangers the families of her fallen comrades
- The paramount lack of empathy said corrupt General displays every time someone under her command dies or whenever she bleats about loving Tatsumi while seeking to control him instead.
- The way shortsighted fanboys tend to overplay her shallow likable traits. Her own subordinates especially.
- She is every bit as much a corruptor and all around reviled individual as the rest of the malfeasance court in Honest's cabal of slime molds.
- Esdeath perpetuates murder, crime, poverty and injustice in the Empire just to garner more hatred towards the Empire to further more conflicts for her demented hobbies.
- The more the author of the story tries to humanize her, the more readers see she is a universally reviled person.
- Esdeath's entitlement to whatever she wants due to being overpowered in story.
- She buried countless citizens of the empire alive out of spite.
- Her annoying ability to grow whole new powers and applications for a teigu that could not be given new powers or abilities to begin with.
- How the story shifted from the Main Character's perspective to focus on her growth and character development (or lack thereof).
- Despite all of her vomitrocious tendencies she is still universally loved in and out of story. Regardless of how much of a huge A-Hole she is in name and by right.
- Esdeath never truly suffered any real Karma despite all of her quintuple life-sentence worthy atrocious actions.
- Her sickening and despicable obsession with torture, murder and violation.
- Esdeath's constant, chronic and repetitive saying about how she loves the main character but clearly disavows his feelings in place for her own rabid need to own his every iota of being by imprisoning him and forcing him to change for her sake.
- Ordered her men to plunder and rape a villas villagers to their heart's content in her earliest appearance.
- She has even stated that should the empire fall, she would simply start a war herself to satisfy her need for bloodshed.
- Esdeath is one of many times where the antagonist in a certain series surpasses and is even more memorable than the protagonist.
- She loves to fight and held special respect for strong opponents, which shows when she openly recognized Susanoo as a warrior rather than a simple Teigu.
- Her love of battle has occasionally inspired her to take actions that would incite more hatred against the empire, in the hopes of being able to put down more rebellions.
- Her voice actors: Satomi Akesaka (Japanese) and Christine Auten (English) do fantastic jobs voicing her and perfectly capture her aggressive, personality.
- Despite all of this, she has shown a genuine and charismatic side of her.
- She is known for treating her subordinates fair and well, letting them do as they please, which in turn inspires their intense loyalty and devotion; this makes her followers the strongest offensive force of the Empire. This side of her truly shines when expressing her love for Tatsumi, in which she offers a warm and comforting affection for him, even swearing to protect him from anyone that dare harms him and willing to clear up his name as a member of the Night Raid.