Eric (T.U.F.F. Puppy)
Eric, also known as the Water Delivery Guy, is a secondary character in T.U.F.F. Puppy, who has appeared in "Forget Me Mutt", "Dog's Best Friend", "Diary of a Mad Cat", and "'Til Doom Do Us Part". Kitty finds him attractive and even offers him her phone number.
Why He Sucks
- He is the blandest Gary Stu character in the entire show, since he serves nothing to the plot, except to be a useless love interest that suddenly appears and just as suddenly disappears. Even Becky and Daisy made more sense, despite only showing up once.
- He is a stereotypical "rich and good-looking man without any problems".
- In his fourth appearance, he immediately offers Kitty to marry him and become the queen of "Kitaly", without even going on any dates with her. Despite the fact that he tried to ask her out once in the episode "Dog's Best Friend", he did not try to ask her out and date her again, and this is confirmed in the same fourth appearance, where he suddenly confesses his love for Kitty, as well as the fact that Kitty herself loves him only because of his beauty, without realizing it.
- His sudden fact that he is actually rich is simply annoying and completely taken out of thin air.
- Plot Hole: In "'Til Doom Do Us Part", Eric says that he took a job as a water delivery guy to be closer to Kitty, but in fact Eric worked as a water delivery guy even before Kitty gave him her phone number in the episode "Forget Me Mutt", without even getting acquainted.
- He is going to do something bad and frightening. In the episode "Mutts and Bolts", Dudley gains the ability to predict the future from being struck by lightning. In this episode, Kitty tried to ask Dudley if she would marry Eric, but Dudley was often distracted and did not give her an answer to this question. At the end of the episode, when Dudley manages to prevent Snaptrap from gaining the ability to predict the future, Kitty asks him question one last time, to which Dudley replies: "Yes, you do. But there's something you'll need to know about him! HE'S...!!!". It is worth noting that when Dudley wanted to tell more information about Eric, his face had a frightened look, from which it can considered that this major detail about Eric is something bad and possibly frightening.
- The very fact that Eric himself, after "'Til Doom Do Us Part", hasn't appeared on the show for a long time, and there were only mentions of him, already makes you think that something is wrong with him.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- His design and voice acting by Daran Norris are passable.
Eric has received a lot of mixed-to-negative reviews from fans of the show even when he first appeared. In particular, the negative reviews increased after the episodes "'Til Doom Do Us Part" and "Mutts and Bolts".