Edgar (The Aristocats)
Edgar Balthazar is the main antagonist of Walt Disney's 1970 animated film The Aristocats. He was the greedy butler to Madame Bonfamille, Duchess and her 3 kittens. His goal was to inherit Madame's wealth and fortune, and he took away the cats to make sure of it.
Why He Sucks
- His role as a villain did not play out well, to the point where he couldn't even be considered a villain.
- He is pretty dumb, for he believes that the cats can control the wealth. That is not true, because he still will have control of the wealth, because the cats can't use it.
- The only reason he was motivated to become the main antagonist of the movie is because of the aforementioned reason above.
- He is pretty weak. For example, he was easily defeated in the final battle against the Alley Cats and then shipped off to Timbuktu.
- His actions were pretty much all for nothing.
- He is pretty much a forgettable villain.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- He could be funny at times.
- During the development of the film, Edgar was originally going to have a sidekick, named Elvira, who would work with him, but was scrapped eventually.