Earwig (Earwig and the Witch)
Earwig/Erica Wigg/Aya Wigg is the main protagonist of the book Earwig and the Witch and the Studio Ghibli movie adaptation of the same name. She is an orphan girl who was adopted by a children's home after her mother left her to "Battle against the twelve Witches". She is later adopted by a witch - Bella Yaga, and her friend The Mandrake.
Why She Sucks
- She is very manipulative as she uses and makes everyone do what she wants them to, not the other way round.
- Her only character traits are that she is heavily spoiled and that she is manipulative, making her one-dimensional. This is hinted through the quote above where she whines about being adopted by a witch (Bella Yaga)
- She is also a Mean Girl stereotype as she whines, yells and complains all throughout the movie. She even yells at Thomas at one point despite the latter trying to help her make a spell.
- She is very attention-seeking, as in the scene when couples look at the infants in the children's home, she glares at them.
- She gains absolutely no character development whatsoever throughout the movie. She remains as rude and unlikeable as she was from the very start by taking over the entire house by making Bella Yaga and the Mandrake do what she wants them to do.
- On that note, these make her a Karma Houdini.
- Her CGI model is creepy and disturbing to look at with nightmarish-looking expressions.
- Her voice actors do an okay job at voicing the character.
- She has some funny moments, such as her reaction when she notices that Thomas the Cat can speak.
- She's not as whiny in the book version, but that's not saying much.