Duncan (Total Drama, Seasons 3-5)
Warning: If editing, don't replace Bad Qualities and Good Qualities respectively to Why He Sucks and Redeeming Qualities respectively as it will cause an edit war. Plus, most fans of the show, even people who hate the show like him.
Duncan is a character on the 2007 Teletoon/Cartoon Network show "Total Drama Island". He was a member of the Killer Bass team in that season. He was one of the 15 contestants to return for "Total Drama Action", where he would be placed on the Screaming Gaffers team. He would make it to the final two with Beth and be crowned the winner at the end. He would return to "Total Drama World Tour", where he would be the first contestant to quit the season. However, he was found by Gwen and Courtney in "I See London..." and become a member of Team Chris is Really, Really, Really, Really Hot. Duncan was one of the 14 contestants to return in "Total Drama All-Stars", where he would be placed on the Villainous Vultures (with the misplaced Gwen). He would switch teams with Courtney and become a Heroic Hamster for saving Gwen in "Saving Private Leachball".
Unfortunately from season 3 onwards, he became horribly flanderized.
- In the first 2 seasons, he went from a guy, who admittedly was a jerk, but still had decency as a person, to a heartless jerk who cheats on Courtney with Gwen, and treated everyone (especially Courtney) like crap, and in "All-Stars", his soft side got exaggerated to the point where he couldn't stop himself from being nice.
- He clearly doesn’t care about his girlfriends, Courtney and Gwen. He comments on how attractive they are on several occasions and is responsible for their eliminations so that should speak for itself. While Courtney forcing Duncan to change himself is not ethical, she at least shows she cares for him. He inevitably loses interest in Courtney due to her control over him and cheats on her with Gwen in "I See London...", which later causes massive heat against Gwen, resulting in one of the most dramatic love triangles in animation history. This could have been avoided if he simply talked with Courtney and break up with her due to her treatment of him in the last season and ongoing but he did the opposite and caused Gwen to be hated.
- He was responsible for Gwen's elimination in "Picnic at Hanging Dork" due to him throwing a dingo at Cody, who ended up dizzy and accidentally voted off Gwen.
- His actions in "World Tour" were what caused Gwen to be placed on the Villainous Vultures, and Courtney being on the Heroic Hamsters (for some reason), in "Total Drama All-Stars". Even Chris and Courtney admit that Gwen deserved to be a Villainous Vulture for being a "boyfriend stealer" and being "The New Heather", a nickname Gwen received when he and Gwen's kiss was revealed.
- After having to put up with being called "good", Duncan goes out of his way and destroys Chris McLean's mansion, although Chris arguably had it coming for his behavior, but still. This act resulted in Duncan getting arrested by the RCMP in "You Regatta Be Kidding Me".
- He was a much better character in the first 2 seasons.
- He finally received his comeuppance by getting arrested in "Total Drama All-Stars" for blowing up Chris' mansion as well as the mess he made in World Tour.
- Drew Nelson did a good job voicing him.
- His design (although somewhat ugly) is passable.