Duchess (Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends)
Her Royal Duchess Diamond Persnickety, the First, Last and Only or simply Duchess (referred to by her full name in the pilot movie) is an imaginary friend and the main antagonist of the series, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. She speaks with a German accent and is voiced by Grey DeLisle.
Why She Sucks
- This imaginary friend is a scheming, snobby, pompous, stuck-up, vain, conceited, negative, extremely rude, short-tempered, arrogant, selfish, self-centered, and mean Picasso-like pain in the neck who makes Bloo look like a saint by comparison and is actually two-dimensional when she turns her head or body (except in "House of Bloos").
- She always forces the house residents to do EVERYTHING for her, even get her out of bed, since she doesn't do it herself. This is proven how very lazy Duchess is.
- She treats everyone (mostly Frankie) like mud.
- She barely gets punished for her actions, her punishment in the pilot movie was that she was forced to stay at Foster's.
- She is really hideous in appearance.
- Despite her desire to leave, Duchess insults almost everyone who tries to adopt her except for the rich family in the pilot showing that while she badly wants to leave she doesn't want to live in any less pampered lifestyle she would be forced to give up if she went home with a normal family (in other words, she wants to be adopted by a rich family).
- She often teams up with Terrance.
- She gets absolutely no character development and basically remains stuck-up, annoying, and cruel for the entire series.
- She could easily be removed from the story without much changing. Goes to show how her only real purpose is being a load for the rest of the cast.
- She at least did made some good points in the show at times.
- She is passable at times.
- Some fans root her despite her flaws.
- You might mildly like her design if you’re interested in Pablo Picasso.