Draculaura (Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?)
Draculaura is one of the original 6 characters in Monster High. She is known for being one of the most popular characters on the show, although she still has her faults and strengths. However in the movie Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?, the character has been reduced to her worst faults in the whole franchise.
Why You Will Not Fall in Love with this Ghoul
NOTE: This articles only applies to the character as depicted in Monster High: Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?, as she was flanderized. Her original counterpart is fine.
- To get the elephant out of the room, Draculaura suffered from massive character derailment, changing from a normal but still loving and shy girl at Monster High, to a complete Mary Sue who is extremely spoiled and is the center of attention just because she's going have her birthday party at school.
- If her birthday is going to be so luxurious and important for her, WHY DOESN'T SHE HAVE A BIRTHDAY PARTY AT HER HOME OR A HOUSE PARTY? Also, she will turn 1600, is she even ignoring her family on such a special date and only caring about her friends at school?
- Plothole: Draculaura had already turned 1600 years old in the season one episode "Party Planners" which makes her birthday in this movie feel like just a filler in the series.
- As mentioned above, Draculaura is extremely spoiled in this movie, even more so than Cleo de Nile when she was the show's antagonist, becoming the stereotype of a spoiled, popular, rich girl who cares about material things.
- She also proves to be a terrible girlfriend to Clawd Wolf for most of the film, especially at the beginning of the movie (before she starts being manipulated by Valentine) where Clawd is forced to look for a good gift for her and causes her friends to be rude to him when he fails to find a good gift.
- Her romance with Kieran Valentine is AWFULLY written, plus it was done trying to milk the success of the Twilight saga movies, since Valentine is a vampire and is rivaling Clawd who is a werewolf.
- Because of this Draculaura can be considered an equivalent of Bella Swan in this movie.
- She's also noticeably more sensitive and whiny in this movie, an example of which is in the stupid scene when Clawd (who by the way is dumber in this movie) decides to build Draculaura a stool because she's short. She cries just because of it!
- For a moment when she is reunited with Valentine she is in awe of him and also very much in his favor. Which is something very ridiculous, because in addition to having already broken up with Valentine centuries ago, she is also ignoring the fact that she already has a new boyfriend who cares about her who is Clawd. There comes a point where her friends need to remember that she is dating Clawd now and not him.
- Even though she came to be controlled by Valentine towards the end of the movie, her actions with Clawd and her friends were still hateful.
- Depending on your point of view, the clothes Draculaura wears to her birthday party are pretty ugly and tacky. In fact, these clothes only exist in this movie to market a new doll.
- Also, because of the low quality of the render in the 3D models for the movie, her look can look a bit creepy to look at.
- At the end of the movie she at least redeems herself by realizing that Valentine was a awful boyfriend, and goes back to dating Clawd.
- Draculaura at least does not return to act this way in the other films.
- Her birthday clothes, while ugly and tacky, it looks very pretty to look at.