Dr. Samuel Loomis (Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers)
Dr. Samuel Loomis is one of the two main protagonists of the Halloween franchise and a confident psychiatrist. He is also the archenemy to the series' central character and main antagonist, Michael Myers.
However, he was sadly flanderized when Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers was released in 1989.
Why He Sucks
NOTE: This will only focus on the Halloween 5 version of him.
- He went from being a selfless, optimistic and confident character who is willing to sacrifice his own life to protect innocent people from Michael Myers into a short-tempered, arrogant and unlikable jerk.
- He lashes out at Jamie Lloyd and terrorizes her for information.
- Just to rub salt into the wound, he even uses her as bait for Michael Myers.
- He serves little to no purpose in Halloween 5 until the climax of the movie.
- Even the late Donald Pleasence admitted that he was completely out of character.
- He went as far as holding a police officer at gun point.
- He collapses from a heart attack near the end of the movie.
- Donald Pleasence still gives an outstanding performance with what little he was given.
- Dr. Loomis is a likable protagonist in Halloween 1, 2 and 4. He also becomes likable again in Halloween 6.
- His quote, "I prayed that he would burn in hell. But in my heart, I knew that hell would not have him" is a fantastic line.