Doomsday (DC Extended Universe)
Doomsday is the secondary antagonist of the 2016 superhero film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the second installment of the DC Extended Universe and the sequel to 2013's Man of Steel. He is a large, big-bodied and twisted deformed Kryptonian/human hybrid creature created by the manipulative mastermind Lex Luthor in order to kill Superman. His goal was to destroy all life near him for no reason besides having a primitive mind and savage violence.
He was voiced/portrayed by Robin Atkin Downes through motion capture.
Why He Sucks
- He gets very little time for proper character growth as he only appears in the second half of the film, and he's killed by Superman when he sacrifices himself.
- The process of his form being meant to be a combination of Lex Luthor and General Zod's DNA is incredibly stupid and makes absolutely no sense. Plus the idea of Luthor using his DNA with a Kryptonian's DNA to create a monster had already been used for the poorly used Nuclear Man in the fourth Superman movie. That should be an instant red flag.
- In the comics he was evolved from cloning thousands of alien babies dying and being reborn until they created him as the "ultimate weapon". So being fused with Zod and Luthor's DNA would mean he would look nothing like the source material.
- He has little-to-no personality, and mainly exists to be a weapon against Superman. You'd think that with Zod's DNA, they would have given him some of Zod's traits and made him cooler, but no.
- He's also not very stratgic or smart, even though he's a combination of two people with both traits.
- Zack Snyder has confirmed that this isn't the real Doomsday that we all know. He's still out there somewhere in the DCEU.
- His design looks pretty fine and was made with effort in CGI.