Dimitri Trio (101 Dalmatian Street)
The Dimitri Trio are a group of male Dalmatian triplets all named Dimitri and numbered 1, 2 and 3, and are supporting characters in the Disney Channel TV series 101 Dalmatian Street. The Dimitris act like most of the other pups in the family. They enjoy playing and having fun, and sometimes have small contests with each other. The three love to play pranks and always get into trouble.
Why They Are Nothing But Weak Weeds On Our Mighty Wind
- These three pups have very little personality outside of being obnoxious tweens who love to play pranks and get into trouble.
- They sometimes bully their siblings for no reason other than their own amusement.
- A good example of this, and probably their most infamous moment, is "The Wow of Miaow" - in that episode, they mock Deepak for his love of cats (and even splash him with water twice). That, as well as Dylan not being much help, drives Deepak to leave the family and move into Constantin's house.
- Additionally, they hit Dante with a basketball and laugh at him - along with the other Dalmatian pups - in "Dante's Inferno".
- In addition to their siblings, the Dimitris will even physically assault or make fun of the other characters in the show - for example, they manage to attack the postman in "London, We Have a Problem" and even taunt Constantin and the other cats (as well as splashing them with water) in "The Wow of Miaow".
- They never get any proper punishment for their horrible attitudes, making them karma houdinis.
- In "Fetch", for example, they use Fetch to order the world's biggest whoopee cushion and leave Dylan and Dolly to take the blame.
- They also get away with their aforementioned bullying of Deepak and the cats in "The Wow of Miaow" (not counting Dylan trying to scold them and Deepak yelling at them afterwards, but it's not enough).
- Unlike most of the other characters in the show, the Dimitris have very little reason to exist - their only real major role was driving Deepak out of the Dalmatian house in "The Wow of Miaow". If you removed them, then the show would be entirely the same.
- Not only that, but the show already has a set of same-gender triplets - the Triple D, who are divas that can be bratty at times but care for their family despite this - which makes the Dimitris redundant. Overall, the Dimitris could be seen as nothing more than male counterparts of Triple D without any of their likablity and charm.
- In addition, they never get a proper introduction in their debut episode - "Winter Funderland" - and just appear with no explanation on how they got here and with the other Dalmatians already knowing them (granted, they are part of the Dalmatian family, but still). That just shows how pointless the Dimitris are in general.
- In "The Dog House", Dimitri 1 does not help an unconcious Doctor Dave into the living room in order to convinve the pest control that they have a human - instead, he sits on his butt eating the smashed pie in spite of the fact that the they were all in danger of being taken away from their home by the aforementioned pest control. This heavily implies that Dimitri 1 is the laziest of the trio and likes to take advantage of his family.
- They have a severe lack of character development, as they never change their ways and stay the same obnoxious jerks throughout the whole series - in fact, it's fair to say that they are the exact opposite of character development as their behaviour gets worse rather than better.
- For all these reasons, the Dimitris can be considered the least tolerable of the Dalmatian siblings due to how unlikable and useless they are.
- Like all the other Dalmatian pups, their character designs are pretty good and suit their "rough-and-tumble boy" personalities perfectly. Additionally, their voice actor - Rocco Wright - does a decent job voicing them.
- While they are obnoxious a lot of the time, the Dimitris can be tolerable on occasion.
- Despite being insufferable tricksters, they are willing to help get the family out of trouble sometimes (even if that is mostly done for the thrill or a chance of random destruction). For example, they help their siblings break Diesel out of prison in the second part of "The Nose Job". And in the Dog House, Dimitris 2 and 3 haul the unconcious Doctor Dave into the living room so that their mother Delilah can wake him up.
- They do have their funny moments here and there, and some fans see them as decent comic relief characters despite their flaws. Additionally, they are far more tolerable in episodes outside of "The Wow of Miaow" and "Fetch" - but considering that they are still rather obnoxious and pointless, that isn't saying much.
- Thankfully, they don't appear in every episode of the show and aren't even main characters - if anything, they are more supporting characters. That means that we don't have to put up with the Dimitris in every episode (something which cannot be said about Dolly).
The Dimitris are infamous in the 101 Dalmtian Street fanbase due to their obnoxious behaviour, especially in "The Wow of Miaow". Because of this, they have received a mixed-to-negative reception from fans of the show. Another criticism that some fans have with them is how pointless they are, with some admitting that the show wouldn't change much if they were taken out of it.