Dave (Total Drama Pahkitew Island, Episodes 6-9, 13)
Dave is one of the contestants in Total Drama: Pahkitew Island, while he was decent in the first 5 episodes, he became unfortunately flanderized starting at technically episode 7, but episode 6 indirectly lead to his demise.
Why He Sucks Now
- At the beginning, while he was pretty much snarky, he still had a lot of common sense and was one of the sane characters that season, and plus while he did have a crush on Sky, but it wasn't really obsessive. However, in these episodes, he became much more wimpier who only is obsessed with Sky, and his only personality trait was obsessing over Sky, and went insane in the final episode (see below).
- His cries can get really annoying to listen to.
- His voice (while still good) can also get pretty obnoxious too (especially when he cries).
- In "Mo Monkey Mo Problems", while he wasn't flanderized, this indirectly started his demise, as Ella had started liking him, since he rescued her and got her slipper back to her, and she genuinely liked him, instead he became desperate for his crush on Sky to the point of acting insane and immature in future episode, and turned down Ella and accidentally made her cry because of this.
- In "This Is The Pits", where his flanderization practically started, he cried when Sky was moved to a different team. You can still talk to Sky!
- In "Hurl and Go Seek", he was definitely flanderized. He started acting extremely cocky to Sky when he placed 2nd in the pre-challenge.
- He became even more obnoxious in the same episode, where he starts acting too desperate for Sky, causing him and Sky to lose the actual challenge.
- He became too desperate to the point of voting himself off at the end of the episode, just because Sky rejected him... bruh, what is wrong with you?... You didn't need to do that.
- In the finale he became even worse, where his wimpy personality is up too 100%!
- When he found out Sky had a boyfriend, instead of simply talking to her, he straight up tries to hurt Sky! Sky tried to tell him that she was going to break up with the boyfriend, but he didn't care.
- He could've simply left Sky alone, if he did then possibly he would've been her boyfriend, but no, he kept pestering Sky over and over again to the point of snapping and yelling at him, though her actions weren't any better either.
- He eventually lost his sanity just because Sky had a boyfriend... bruh. (although it was sorta understandable since Sky only tried to tell him the "but" once in episode 5 and didn't try to tell him more than one time, but still.)
- He was much better and more likable in the first 5 episodes of "Pahkitew Island"
- He can be seen as sympathetic to some people.
- His design is still pretty good.
- Though obnoxious at times, Daniel DeSanto still does a good job voicing him.
- Regarding to WHS #5, he was at least trying to following Shawn's advice on how to win Sky back, although he was taking it a bit too far.
- To be fair, him snapping at Sky in the finale was somewhat understandable because she didn't try to tell him the "but" anymore than once, and the fact that she was using his feelings in the finale, but there was no need for him to try to hurt her.
- "Mo Monkey, Mo Problems" is the only episode that he is still likable, despite the aforementioned unlikable scene, as that was the last episode prior to his flanderization.