Dash Baxter (Danny Phantom)
Dash Baxter is one of the secondary characters in the Nickelodeon show, Danny Phantom. He’s the most popular student in Casper High School, being a quarterback of the football team - as well as a member of every sports team (football, basketball, etc.). Dash can get away with just about anything, and he usually does while he dominates over his peers and sucks up to his teachers.
Why He Sucks
- To start you off, the main reason is that he uses his friends to bully Danny, and his two friends (Sam and Tucker).
- He is also considered by many fans to be a stereotypical mean popular boy/school bully, much like Francis from The Fairly OddParents. The difference is that Francis is unpopular and ugly who was always set up as one of that show's villains, whereas in this show, Dash was always meant to be more-or-less a "supporting" character and generic popular jock.
- Unlike Francis, who almost always get his comeuppance for his actions toward Timmy Turner and his friends, Dash on the other hand almost always gets away scot-free with his actions toward Danny and his friends, making Dash come off as a possible Karma Houdini.
- Whenever something goes wrong for him, Dash will most likely take his frustration out on innocent students, mostly Danny, his favorite target to bully and humiliate, making him (Dash) very pointless and showing that he can't take criticism.
- His underwear in the episode "Fright Night" is very disturbing, nauseating, dirty and disgusting, which he gives Danny to eat.
- In fact, this would have been avoided if Danny wouldn't have said that he cheated.
- He is a very selfish, cruel, and mean-spirited bully who torments people nonstop.
- His "Bad Luck Tuck" catchphrase gets old very fast when insulting Danny's friend, Tucker. It will also get you on your last nerve.
- He may be a jock, but he isn't very intelligent and little to purpose to the greater narrative.
- He never learns a lesson from his bullying behavior.
- He is a rip-off of Flash Thompson from the Spider-Man comics with a similar mean popular boy behavior.
- He genuinely respects Danny Phantom as a hero, stating it was the best day of his life when he met him face to face in "Micro-Management".
- When he found out Danny Fenton was Danny Phantom, he showed his respect outweighed his low opinion of human Danny, even helping him escape the Guys in White since Danny had done so much to help Amity Park. He also showed his respect for human Danny again when the whole world, including him, found out his secret again in the series finale.
- He has a good, memorable design.
- He made a cameo appearance in The Fairly OddParents episode, "Fly Boy". However, he was voiced by Jason Marsden (Chester McBadbat's voice actor) instead of his regular voice actor, S. Scott Bullock.
Despite mixed reception by critics, Dash Baxter was heavily panned by many Danny Phantom fans, and he is considered to be one of the worst characters in the show.