Darleen "Darla" Dimple, also publicly known to her fans as Darla Dimple, is the main antagonist of Warner Bros' 1997 animated film Cats Don't Dance.
She is an egotistical child star who takes delight in animal bashing. She also has a colossal butler named Max, serving as her enforcer. She is Danny's main arch-nemesis.
Why She's Intentionally No Angel
- She is an extremely spoiled brat who bashes anyone who gets in her way.
- She had a burning hatred towards animals, tries to crush the animals' dreams and hopes, and expresses racism towards them for unknown reasons.
- She throws an ugly temper tantrum, screaming at Flanagan and the workers in the set, this gets really annoying and ear piercing, even though she's meant to be the villain of the movie.
- Her facial expressions are outright disturbing and cringe-worthy to look at, especially when she makes that wicked smile.
- Her design looks too similar to Baby Doll from Batman: The Animated Series.
- She forces Max to flood the stage, in hopes of getting the animals fired. That is murder, and she nearly kills the animals. Thankfully the animals didn't drown.
- She committed all seven of the Deadly Sins; Greed, pride, sloth, wrath, gluttony, envy, and lust.
- During her song "Big and Loud", she tried to seduce Danny when he's an adult, and she herself is a child (not to mention, she's also human and he's a cat), even though she is pretending to give Danny advice. This makes her motives questionable.
- She gets a lot of panty shots, which is considered sexualization (to be fair, this movie takes place during the 1930s, when such scenes were played for cuteness, but that can still come across as sexualization).
- She keeps calling herself an adorable little angel, yet in reality, she is an ugly little monster.
- Her in-universe film in the movie "Lil Ark Angel" butchered the story of Noah's ark. It seems like they tried to make Noah a female. Making Noah a female is a terrible idea. This was suggested by Media Hunter reviews.
- She tries way too hard to look cute when she seduces Danny. This makes her pretty sexual, even though she is a child.
- She is easily compared to Baby Doll, even though Baby Doll is meant to be likable and sympathetic.
- Even though she finally gets what she deserves at the end of the movie, she could've gotten arrested and face trial in court for committing a lot of crimes.
- Despite being the main antagonist of the movie, she doesn't have that much character development, she is only portrayed as an egotistical spoiled little brat who has a hatred against animals.
- At least she received comeuppance for her actions, despite that she should've received a much more serious punishment for her actions (see WSS #14).
- Her songs "Little Boat on the Sea" and "Big and Loud" aren't that bad.
- At least she cares about Max (her butler).
- Ashley Peldon did an amazing job voicing her.
- While she is a psychopath, she had a motive when Danny had not only ruined the entire take but also tried to upstage her.
- Being the villainous animal abuser she is, she's clearly supposed to be hated as such.
- She's meant to be a parody of Shirley Temple, based on an untrue rumor that Temple was actually a "30-year-old chain-smoking midget" who hated children and animals. Despite this, some people have theories she might be older than she looks.
- Though she is the main antagonist of the film, she doesn't compete with Danny. Instead, Max is the one who competes with Danny, and he is more dangerous than Darla.
- She could be an orphan, as she has no known parents. Some people theorize that her butler Max could be her father.