Darleen "Darla" Dimple, also publicly known to her fans as Darla Dimple, is the main antagonist of Warner Bros' 1997 animated film Cats Don't Dance.
She is an egotistic child star who takes delight in animal bashing. She also has a colossal butler named Max, serving as her enforcer. She is Danny's main arch-nemesis.
Why She Intentionally Sucks
- She is an extremely spoiled brat who bashes anyone who gets in her way.
- She had a burning hatred towards animals, tries to crush the animals' dreams and hopes, and expresses racism towards them for unknown reasons.
- She throws an ugly temper tantrum, screaming at Flanagan and the workers in the set, this gets really annoying and ear piercing, even though she's meant to be the villain of the movie.
- Her facial expressions are outright disturbing and cringe-worthy to look at, especially when she makes that wicked smile.
- Her design looks too similar to Baby Doll from Batman: The Animated Series.
- She forces Max to flood the stage, in hopes of getting the animals fired. That is murder, and she nearly kills the animals. Thankfully the animals didn't drown.
- She committed the 7 deadly sins: greed, pride, sloth, wrath, gluttony, envy, and lust.
- During her song "Big and Loud", she tried to seduce Danny when he's an adult, and she herself is a child (not to mention, she's also human), even though she is pretending to give Danny advice. This makes her motives questionable.
- She gets a lot of panty shots, which is considered sexualization.
- She keeps calling herself an adorable little angel, yet in reality, she is an ugly little monster.
- Her film in the movie Lil ark angel butchered The story of Noah's ark. It seems like they tried to make Noah a female. Making Noah a female is a terrible idea. This was suggested by Media hunter reviews.
- She tries way too hard to look cute when she seduces Danny. This makes her pretty sexual, even though she is a child.
- She is easily compared to Baby Doll, even though Baby Doll is meant to be likable and sympathetic.
- Even though she finally gets what she deserves at the end of the movie, she could've gotten arrested and face trial in court for committing a lot of crimes.
- Despite being the main antagonist of the movie, she doesn't have that much character development, she is only portrayed as an egotistic spoiled little brat who has a hatred against animals.
- Her songs "Little Boat on the Sea" "Big and Loud" aren't that bad.
- At least she cares about Max. (Her butler).
- There are still a few people who like her.
- You can tell that Ashley Peldon has a lot of fun voicing her.
- She's meant to be a parody of Shirley Temple.
- While she is a psychopath, she had a motive when Danny had not only ruined the entire take but also tried to upstage her.
- Though she is the main antagonist of the film, she doesn't compete with Danny.
- Max is the one who competes with Danny. He is more dangerous than Darla.
- She could be an orphan, as she has no parents. Some people theorize that max could be her father.