Jump to navigation Jump to search
Darkthorn is a villain from Image Comics' Youngblood. He is the evil ruler of planet D'khay.
Why He Sucks
- He is a rip off of Darkseid from DC Comics and created by Jack Kirby.
- His costume is ridiculously awful with his shoulder pads.
- His skin color is just red than any other alien characters.
- His plans makes no sense where he wants some "prophecy" to not come to pass.
- He has no personality or character development, whatsoever.
- Unlike Darkseid, Darkthorn is some kind of random villain that is not threatening at all.
- He is said to have an army (that are also rip offs or homages to Jack Kirby's Fourth World mythos) of "winged demons" (rip offs of Parademons who served Darkseid), and the disciples of doom, who ripped off the "resistance is futile" line of the Borg from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- His motives barely make much sense, where his disciples are a product of futuristic science.
- They used a teleportation device called a crash tunnel according to Prophet, which is not explained, clearly
- He just leave one of the Youngblood team, without any more fighting.
- We don't how he encountered another team, called the Berzerkers.
- He easily defeated Prophet with no explanation of how he beat him.