Dareth (Seasons 8-present)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dareth is a recurring character from LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitsu. He is the honorary brown ninja. He used to be a comic relief character, but ever since Season 8, he has been dropping quality.
- He was flanderized, going from a recurring comic relief character to an attempted humorist.
- He is WAY overused. As a matter of fact, out of all the recurring characters in Ninjago, Dareth gets the most screen time, and the majority of it is when he doesn't play a single importance to the storyline.
- His design from Season 8 onward is atrocious. And when WildBrain began animating the show in Season 11, they did little to fix it.
- As mentioned from BQ1, he is now an attempted humorist, so most of his jokes are tasteless and annoying.
- One joke even had potty humor, which was in "Big Trouble, Little Ninjago", when he said "If it's yellow, then it's mellow. If it's brown, flush it down. If it's blue, I don't know what to do."
- This didn't get better in Season 9, where Dareth accidentally gains the "Brown" power for a few episodes, which only allows him to create a brown flame but also makes him feel an urge to use a bathroom. Was that supposed to be funny?
- He has sexist views on women, and doesn't consider Nya a part of the team.
- He had some importance in Season 9.
- Although as mentioned in BQ1 and BQ4 that his attempted humor is tasteless, he is funny at times. One example was in The Gilded Path when he freaked out after seeing a rat, who was actually Mistaké.
- He can be helpful and courageous when needed, such as the time when he helped to save the bus passengers in Season 15.