Daphne Blake is a fictional character in the Scooby-Doo franchise. She's normally a likable character in the franchise. She is voiced by Grey Griffin. Unfortunately, she was flanderized in Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!.
Why She Sucked
Note: This article only applies to the character as depicted in Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
- Her redesign is awful and looks very little to nothing like her original counterpart, and instead looks more like Warner Bros. Animation's bad attempt to imitate Seth MacFarlane's art style like Family Guy, American Dad!, The Cleveland Show, or Brickleberry art style.
- Speaking of her redesign, it is unfitting in the Scooby-Doo franchise as it fits more into an adult cartoon or parody.
- Her design can go off model at times, with "Eating Crow", "Adjacent Area 51", and "Renn Scare" being the worst offenders of such.
- She was horribly flanderized from a smart and charming girl into an annoying, bumbling and idiotic Mary Sue who acts like a womanchild.
- For example, she wears a fake beard and refuses to take it off.
- Daphne may not be the smartest member of the Mystery Inc., but at least she did have some degrees of intelligence and is nowhere a complete moron like in this version.
- She also became a huge Mary Sue, where nothing bad happens to her, and she never gets kidnapped unlike her original counterpart, except in Party Like It's 1899.
- Her humor has become more unfunny, pathetic, and cruel.
- She has many laughably bad quotes, such as "Oh, so Shaggy can have a dog, but I can’t have a bunny, a pig, a goat, a duck, and a lobster?".
- Like the rest of the show, she is mediocrely animated, and her character movements are sub-par.
- While Grey DeLisle reprised her role and still greatly voices her for the most part, Daphne’s voice can get on some viewers' nerves a bit, as she tends to talk way too much and acts way too bubbly and fast when she's doing it, and even at some point's never shuts up, which can make her kind of annoying at times.
- In one episode, she was picking up random animals and almost never got rid of them, which is basically kidnapping.
- To make matters worse, she never got any comeuppance for this or any of the stupid things that she does, making her a Karma Houdini (Idiot Houdini for her stupidity).
- She was a much more likable character in all other entries outside Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! and has massively redeemed herself outside of Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!.
- Despite her noticeably dumber portrayal, she's still one of the nicest members in the gang.
- There was at least an attempt to give Daphne more of a personality beyond being the "rich, pretty damsel-in-distress is who exists purely for fanservice", albeit with botched results. But other Scooby-Doo shows have done this attempt correctly like Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show/The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, What's New, Scooby-Doo?, and Scooby Doo and Guess Who?.
- Despite what it said in WSS#1, her design is still very admittedly attractive, as always.
- Grey DeLisle still does a very great job voicing her.
- She is nowhere near as infamously worse as her Velma 2023 counterpart.
- There are still a handful of episodes where Daphne is likable and has her original personality.