Dana is a character in the Wayside School books. She is one of the many students in Mrs. Jewls's class. She is a girl who wears glasses and is very emotive, often laughing or crying way more than anyone else in Mrs. Jewls's class. She was voiced by Lisa Ng.
She was likable in the books and the 2005 pilot movie, Unfortunately, in the cartoon, she was flanderized.
Note: This only applies to his character as depicted in the cartoon.
- She was flanderized generally from an emotional girl to a psychotic rule-worshipping nerd. While it isn't some kind of a bad trait, she tends to take it to higher degree.
- Like most of the characters of Wayside, she tends to act idiotic at times, despite her nerdy status.
- In "Pull My Pigtail", she forces Todd to kiss Maurecia, which got him into trouble. In the same episode, it's shown that she gets Todd hurt everytime she and Myron (rather insistently) celebrate "special days".
- Her "Enough with the [X]" catchphrase, usually "fun", can come off as very annoying and make it look like she's forbidding herself from having any strong emotion.
- She never gets punished for any actions she did, makes her a Karma Houdini.
- Her design, while good and cute, looks rather generic and mediocre.
"Yes, I Do!" Qualities
- Lisa Ng does a great job voicing her.
- She does have a reason to listen to the rules and paying attention to the teacher.
- Her character design is good and cute, despite looking generic and mediocre.
- She still cares about her friends like in the books.
- She was a much better character in the books and the movie.
- Speaking of which, in "Class Cow", she started to act like her book counterpart, which was a nice touch.
- "Enough with the laughing!"