Cyril Figgis (Archer, seasons 1-10)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cyril Figgis is one of the main characters of the FX/FXX adult animated series, Archer. He is voiced by Chris Parnell.
- He is a very bland character much like Jerry Smith (another character voiced by Chris Parnell) and doesn't really feel interesting.
- He's also a huge coward sometimes as he seemed more interested in saving himself than saving his friends in certain situations.
- He lacks self-confidence, partially due to having a horrendous childhood.
- Cyril is also selfish, such as the time in Season 2 where he let another man hack into ISIS computer agency and he thought he could try to fix it, but screwed up.
- Sometimes, he is shown to be very nasty towards others, specifically Sterling Archer.
- This hatred reaches its apex when Archer sacrificed himself to let Lana swim to safety along with Ray and him. When Archer is out for a few minutes, he hopes that Archer dies. This is not only a new low for Cyril, but it makes him more unlikable.
- Hypocrisy: He cheats on Lana several times, yet doesn't trust Lana's faithfulness and refuses to apologize to her after cheating.
- He could be considered a Butt-Monkey character and is more of a punching bag.
- Some of his lines are stupid, much like Jerry Smith, and his insults mean nothing.
- Good animated design, much like how the whole show looks.
- Chris Parnell does an excellent performance.
- "Suppressing Fire" is still funny to listen to.
- He is one of the few individuals in the Archer series to have character development.
- By Season 11, Cyril has now become more of a leader than a coward. He is now much more badass than before.