|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Needs more info.
While they are usually likable, supporting, caring, nice, and loving godparents, sadly, they were flanderized from season 9 until the show's cancellation, but they margically redeemed themselves in The Fairly OddParents: Fairly Odder.
Fairly Bad Qualities
- In the first eight seasons, Cosmo was simply a ditz and a bit of a nutcase, usually dim but still relatively normal (mainly in the first season), and perhaps strangest of all, he and Wanda seemed to be on an equal level of air-headed and careless intelligence. Wanda was portrayed as being dimmer than Cosmo, believe it or not, then at some point, they shared an equal amount of intelligence. But in these seasons, their flanderization and exaggeration guarantee Cosmo's a dimwitted nutcase that can barely function, and Wanda is just the stereotypical straight man who spends most of her time nagging or chastising Cosmo for his stupidity, unlike in the older seasons, where she mainly just rolled with it and only got heated over major circumstances or when Cosmo deserved it, like when he bet her for a nickel, which was only made worse by Cosmo futilely "trying" to justify it by stating it was a shiny nickel.
- Speaking of which, Wanda seems to spend most of her time nagging.
- They both seem to lose their wands a lot in these seasons, particularly in season 10, and depend on Timmy and Chloe to solve the problems on their own.
- While Wanda's voice is still great, Cosmo's voice is now high-pitched and it just sounds terrible and grating, an issue that still persists since Season 3 of the show and as of The Fairly OddParents: Fairly Odder.
- If FBQ#3 wasn't bad enough, Cosmo kept both his and Wanda's wands in his pocket the whole time in the episode "Which is Wish".
- Much like with the Eds after their show went downhill in its last two seasons in Ed, Edd n Eddy or the roaches during season 5 in Oggy and the Cockroaches, their relationship has been badly butchered. In the older seasons, with some exceptions, the two seemed to genuinely love each other as a couple, but in these seasons (especially in season 9), their positive relationship has broken down, with them now acting like utter jerks towards each other who spend most of their time bickering and occasionally physically abusing each other, and it's never funny, charming or cute. Season 5 onwards may have suffered from this, but not to the extent where it's done constantly.
- They usually don't disguise themselves when they go out, breaking Da Rules. However, they are still shown as objects several times, making it jarring.
- In season 10, Chloe steals the spotlight from them and Timmy because the writers/Butch Hartman clearly wanted it. There are a lot of episodes in season 10 where Cosmo and Wanda are lazily written out of the plot to give Chloe enough screentime and will most likely serve as filler.
- During season 10's production, the series was hit with massive budget cuts, and as a result, Billionfold, Inc and Frederator Studios to switch from traditional animation from Yeson Entertainment in Korea (the same studio that animated Bob's Burgers from season 2 onwards and Ed, Edd n Eddy) to flash animation from Elliott Animation in Canada (yes, they’re the ones who also animated the Total Drama series and Grojband, which all had better animation than this). That said, the flash animation itself (in the final thirteen episodes, which are) also looks horribly out of date and it is a complete downgrade of the series, with constant frame rate drops.
- A lot of times, they don't even mention Poof.
He went from a funny idiot to a Patrick Star wannabe. His voice got higher pitched when these seasons went on.
She went from a likeable wife to Cosmo to always nagging at him.
Fairly Good Qualities
- They are still there for Timmy and later Chloe when he and she need them.
- They were much better in the first six seasons and redeemed themselves after the show ended, though it varies whether they were in character or not in seasons 7 and 8.
- As stated above, Wanda still has a great voice thanks to Susanne Blakeslee.
- Cosmo's voice was better in the original pilot shorts and the first season, as well as the second season, but to a lesser extent.
- There are still a handful of episodes where Cosmo and Wanda are well-written and have their original personality.
- While Cosmo is unfunny most of the time, he has a handful of funny moments here and there, and Wanda can still be funny.
- Their designs are still pretty great and iconic.
- Despite arguing, they still care and love each other, Timmy, and their son Poof.
- At least Wanda can and will most likely not be considered as flanderized as Cosmo, and she wasn't as flanderized as him nor was she dumbed down, like him.
Fairly Odd Videos