Jump to navigation Jump to search
Coconut Fred is the titular and main character of the short-lived Kids' WB TV series, Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. He is not only considered to be the worst character in the show but also a horrid copy of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Why He Sucks
- He is monopathic (meaning that he can only feel one emotion, which is joy).
- He does not care enough about any resident on his fruit salad island (yes, he is the one who created it). In fact, he is a big nuisance to pretty much everyone on the island. This is also because of his nonexistent character development.
- His design looks creepy, especially in a kid-friendly show.
- He is basically a rip-off of SpongeBob SquarePants, except more hyperactive, destructive, and significantly less likable; even his name rhymes very similarly to SpongeBob's first name. This is also a reason why this show is called a "SpongeBob rip-off".
- He is a Gary Stu. Even many characters who are similar to him are polypathic (can feel multiple emotions).
- He is also narcissistic, as he believes that he is the best person in the island when, in reality, almost everyone finds him obnoxious.
- Occasionally, his friends, particularly Bingo, will not tolerate his antics.
- He is incredibly sadistic, as he practically takes pleasure in torturing everyone that lives on the island but never gets punished for his actions, making him a Karma Houdini.
- Unlike SpongeBob, who has his moments of maturity, Fred is extremely immature ALL THE TIME! He constantly acts like a hyperactive 4-year-old kid when he should be acting like an adult that he is.
- Considering the fact that he created the Fruit Salad Island in the first place, this makes him a horribly neglectful manchild.
- He is quite imaginative and comes up with crazy yet enjoyable misadventures.
- Despite his boisterous antics, Fred is pretty much an easygoing person and is friendly to everyone around him.
- Rob Paulsen hated being his voice actor. Even he admitted him being the worst character behind the infamous Bubsy who he also voiced.