Coco Bandicoot is a video game character from the video game series Crash Bandicoot, which was originally created by Naughty Dog, and the games were originally released on the Sony PlayStation. While she is usually a likable and memorable character in the franchise, just like her brother Crash Bandicoot, she was badly flanderized when the series was being developed by Radical Entertainment, but she redeemed herself in the later games of the Crash Bandicoot franchise.
Why She's Not Our Coco Bandicoot And An Average Sister To Crash Bandicoot (Bad Qualities)
- She was rather flanderized than she was in the original games from a highly intelligent, cute, and spirited younger sister of Crash Bandicoot to an annoying Know It All Sandy Cheeks clone.
- In Crash of the Titans, she has been heavily redesigned, looking like more of a rejected fox character from Arctic Dogs (expect the tail being removed and have human hair) rather than her original Naughty Dog self (But then again, she and Crash always looked more like foxes than bandicoots to begin with), she also has the ability to jump onto and control the Titans in Crash: Mind Over Mutant (Xbox 360 and Wii versions only), but this game never explained how or when she received this ability since she's not playable in Crash of the Titans.
- In Crash Tag Team Racing, she, along with everyone else, blames Crash for stealing the power gems, even though he recovered the gems, and they have no proof of how he could've stolen them.
- While Debi Derryberry did a great job voicing her at the time, her voice can get very annoying at times, especially in Crash of the Titans.
- She often uses Crash to fetch some parts for her inventions and karts when she could've got them herself and her laptop from the original games is nowhere to be seen.
- She became a stereotypical teenage brat in Crash Tag Team Racing who always demand her brother Crash for money to go shopping or getting parts for her karts, while she became a teenager in Crash Nitro Kart and Crash Twinsanity (while having no purpose in the game other than filler), she kept her original personality until her appearance in Crash Tag Team Racing.
- She's also a Mary Sue in the Radical Entertainment era since she has no flaws whatsoever.
- In the opening cutscene of Crash Tag Team Racing, she along with Crunch are seen throwing chickens at Neo Cortex, Nina, and N-Gin, which is outright animal cruelty.
- Coco, along with all the other racers did the same thing with not just chickens, but also monkeys and cows in races.
- She never knows Chick and Stew's names as in the final cutscene, she calls them chicken men than their actual names.
- Beside that, she became less smart in this era, which is a shame since she was highly intelligent in the original Naughty Dog games and even before the Radical Entertainment era, most notably where she can't defend herself from Nina by saying that Nina's hair is dumb, resulting in her being brainwashed by her in Crash of the Titans'- and not even noticing that the NV is controlling her and being turned into a mutant in Mind over Mutant.
- She never even punishes or calls Crash out for spin-attacking people in Crash Tag Team Racing unlike Muncie Thunderstruck (another character voiced by Debi Derryberry) who at least called her cousin Buddy out of his actions in episodes (most notably in "Get the Hock Out").
- She, along with everybody else didn't even apologised to Crash for accused him for stealing the gem.
- Her designs in Crash Tag Team Racing and Mind Over Mutant are very cute and attractive much like the other characters in the Radical Entertainment era.
- Speaking of Mind Over Mutant, her design is an improvement over her Crash of the Titans design as she looked a bit like her Naughty Dog self.
- She was a much better character before the Radical Entertainment era and the later Crash Bandicoot games (such as the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy) gave Coco her original look and personality back.
- As said in BQ#4, Debi Derryberry makes a great performance as Coco in here, making it a memorable voice.
- Depending on your view, her flanderization wasn't that bad like her brother.