Cleveland Brown (The Cleveland Show, season 1)
Cleveland Brown is the titular protagonist of the FOX animated television series, The Cleveland Show. He was a major character on Family Guy, until he moved and starred in his own spin-off series, The Cleveland Show. He was unfortunately flanderized in The Cleveland Show.
He was voiced by Mike Henry from 1999 to 2021, and is currently voiced by Arif Zahir.
- He was flanderized into becoming a whiny, immature, annoying, unfunny, and literal man-child in his very own show.
- He's basically Peter Griffin, of The Cleveland Show.
- There's literally an entire episode with him farting called Gone with the Wind.
- He is racist as in one episode he hated white people and even started hating his friend, Lester, due to him being white. (Though to be fair, Lester was acting racist and even said that he hated Black History Month).
- He also ran over the family dog and tried to hide it from his family.
- He is sometimes neglectful of his family and friends.
- He was a better character in Family Guy before his show, and Cleveland's character improved in Seasons 2-4 of his own show before he fully redeemed himself when he returned to Family Guy.
- He still cares about his family and friends.
- Mike Henry does an excellent job voice acting him.
- While he can come off as a clone of Peter Griffin, Cleveland is not as badly flanderized as Peter, in other words, not as cruel or stupid as him.
- He isn't heartless, as he did feel remorseful when he killed the family dog.
- It's kind of understandable why he acts like a jerk in this series because he was treated horribly in Family Guy.