Claire Dearing is the main protagonist of the 2015 film, Jurassic World. She was the park operations manager of Jurassic World, prior to the abandonment of the park in 2015 upon the escape of the Indominus rex.
She was portrayed by Bryce Dallas Howard.
- She isn't all that fleshed out as a character, since the film mainly focuses on dinosaurs.
- She was pretty distant and neglectful to her nephews as she was shown to be a workaholic.
- She can be kind of a control freak as shown when she turns down any suggestion countering her decisions or any questioning of her ability to handle the crisis with the Indominus.
- She initially saw the dinosaurs as "numbers on a clipboard" or "assets".
- Somehow, she was able to survive the dinosaur attacks, despite her lacking of proper training.
- She isn't any better in Fallen Kingdom. Her and Owen's relationship gets reset to how it was at the start of Jurassic World just so they can fall in love again.
- Her personality changes to going from someone who doesn't give a single sign of caring about dinosaurs to suddenly wanting to save them in Fallen Kingdom.
- At least Bryce Dallas Howard gives a good performance as Claire.
- She does get better by the end of Jurassic Worldand gets connected with her nephews.