Christy Jolene Plunkett is one of the Main Characters on seasons 1-7 of Mom. She is the mother of Violet and Roscoe, the daughter of Bonnie and Alvin, the biological grandmother of Gweneth Taylor, an Alcoholics Anonymous group member, a law student, waitress and personal assistant to lawyer, Veronica Stone. She is portrayed by Anna Faris. Unfortunately her character was horrendously scripted which makes her one of the worst characters.
Christy is really skinny and short. She also has blonde hair and sometimes her eyes gets big.
- Okay let's start off that she has MAJOR temper and anger issues that she needs to work out, which is shown in this clip.
- She's very entitled and cocky.
- She never even discipline or punish her daughter. She just let Violet be a spoiled brat.
- She is extremely manipulative and lazy ever since her mom moved in with her.
- She is very childish and never acts her age. She will often whine when stuff doesn't go right for her.
- She acts so immature for a 40 year old woman.
- In "Cottage Cheese and a Weird Buzz", She get's so mad at Jill when Jill give away the money Christy owed her from gambling away the money Jill owed her instead of bailing out Bonnie. She had no rights to get mad at her because what Jill does to her money is her business and Christy was supposed to owe the money back because she gambled away over $2,000 instead of using that money to bail out of her mom.
- She is obviously stuck in the past as she just keeps bringing up how she had a horrible childhood. In fact, she will just keep bringing up her childhood just so she can get out of people criticizing her and/or to make her seem like a better person than her mom.
- She just extremely selfish and careless.
- She is a Mary-Sue with no personality.
- Hypocrisy: She always heavily criticize other people (EX: Her mom) for their past but never admits to her own.
- She always rats her mom out but once her mom rats Christy out, she always want to say “yOu nEvEr hAvE mY bAcK” but make one time she ever defended her mother without always saying “I am a much better person than she is”.
- She never admits that she’s acting a really horrible and crazy person but yet she heavily criticizes her mom for being a crazy person.
- She always gets mad when her mom screws up and everyone treats her good but yet if it's on her. Her mom always supports her.
- In “Thigh Gap and a Rack of Lamb”; She gets mad when Bonnie didn’t give her credit but yet in the entire series she never gave her mom any credit.
- In “Pilot”; She was being the biggest hypocrite ever.
- In “Big Sauce and Coconut Water”, She wouldn’t ever help her mom deal with Tammy after all her mom did to help her with her kids but yet she didn’t ever help her with on person?
- In the ending of that episode when her mom was getting attacked by Tammy, SHE DIDN'T EVEN GO AND HELP HER!! SHE JUST CLOSED THE DOOR AND WENT BACK TO SLEEP.
- She never gave her mom credited for anything she’s done but yet when she never gets credited, she’s gets so mad.
- In “Dropped Soap and a Big Guy on a Throne” she recorded her mom while she was struggling with back pain thinking it was funny. And the show want us to believe she's the nicest character??? And the worst part is that she posted the video to YouTube!
- In “Sick Popes and a Red Ferrari” she was being a huge jerk for her mom lying to her but yet in later episodes she becomes such a liar.
- Also she ever spoils a movie for her and she even said “sweet” when her mom says she's in a horrible situation. Let's not forgot she even tries to cut her hair saying “She has to be punished”! She even gets mad when everyone is comforting her mom!! HOW DOES THIS SHOW WANT US TO BELIEVE SHE'S A GOOD CHARACTER!?
- In “Smooth Jazz and a Weird Floaty Eye”, Christy was being unnecessarily rude and annoying for no reason. Bonnie had every right to tell her manager because no customer should be treated like that it doesn’t matter if they’re a family member you don’t like.
- Also she spat in Bonnie's drink!
- She makes everything about her.
- She never shows any faith in her mom or even give her credit for anything she has even done for her throughout the whole series.
- Christy really needs to understand that she wasn't the only one that had a terrible childhood, as her mother is a victim of that. Bonnie's mom abandoned her when she was 4 years old and kept going to foster home-to-foster home.
- She always says very hateful things about Bonnie (her mom).
- She never even defends her mom at all.
- Also she just tries to make people hate her more.
- In an episode she said she plans to sprinkle her mom’s ashes on the freeway. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SAYS THIS HORRIBLE THING TO HER MOTHER?????.
- Most of her jokes are terrible insults about her mom and they never come off as funny.
- Despite insulting her mom and complaining about everything she had done, she does still love her mom at the end of the day.
- She does sometimes praise her mom for how much she has change.
- She can be a nice and calm character at times.
- She is a good sponsor.
- She can sometimes has some good jokes.
- She cared for Jodi before she died.
- She does have sometimes have a good side.
- She does have some heartwarming moments here and there.
- To be fair, the reason why she acted this way throughout the entire show is mainly due to her botched upbringing throughout the years since childhood; after her father Alvin abandoned her and her mother Bonnie at the hospital, which resulted in Bonnie nearly giving up infant Christy for adoption: a nice Jewish couple was going to adopt her, but Bonnie backed out at the last minute. Christy had a rough time growing up because Bonnie became a raging alcoholic and drug addict, which consequently she ended up inheriting most of Bonnie's negative character traits and therefore repeats the same mistakes Bonnie did with her husband Baxter and her children Violet and Roscoe, hence resulting Christy and Bonnie became estranged to each other as Christy became an adult and grew resentful of Bonnie for not being a proper mother, having let her miss out on having a childhood. But still this doesn't excuse her negative behavior though.
- Mom, while not a great show by itself, wouldn't be as great as it is without her.
- She is allergic to cats. ("Cotton Candy and Blended Fish") [S01E11]
- Her middle name is Jolene ("Martinis and a Sponge Bath") [S03E16]
- Currently at Georgetown Law School on full scholarship ("Sex Bucket and the Grammar Police") [S08E01]