Chris McLean (Seasons 4-6)
Chris McLean is one of the two hosts of "Total Drama", with the other being Don. He was a decent character in the first three seasons, but his characterization derailed since Revenge of the Island where he would be portrayed as a sociopathic sadist.
Why He Sucks Now
- This page covers the fourth through sixth seasons of Total Drama. So, do not add any loathsome moments of Chris' from the previous seasons (Island-World Tour).
- Chris gave the Mutant Maggots the win for blowing up the winner's cabin, even though the Toxic Rats made it to the campgrounds first.
- Chris revealed embarrassing secrets of Sam, Brick, and B(everly). If neither of the other contestants fessed up to their secrets, then they would be fed to Fang. Whoever told the truth would be electrocuted.
- Chris made Dakota one of his interns to the extent that she became Dakota-Zoid after she was exposed to toxic chemicals.
- Just as Anne Maria was about to change her mind on not quitting the season, Chris hurled her and Brick off the island.
- Even though Scott had it coming for his actions, Chris made Scott ride the Hurl of Shame with Fang. This rendered Scott immobile for the rest of the season.
- Chris sicced his mutant animals on the eliminated contestants.
- In the final scene of the fourth season, Chris detonated the bomb that was supposed to blast Chef Hatchet and the 13 contestants from that season. However, the joke was on him as the bomb was placed under the dock, therefore blowing him off the dock and landing him in prison for dumping toxic waste on Camp Wawanakwa. Despite his arrest, the producers chose Chris to host the next seasons.
- Chris placed Gwen on the Villainous Vultures for being a "boyfriend stealer", despite her good behavior in the past.
- Chris constantly calls Gwen evil for accidentally hurting Courtney.
- Chris had implied sex with Larry as one of their babies had a head that looks like Chris'. After seeing it, he whistles as if nothing happened.
- Chris rigged the "Wheel of Misfortune" in "Suckers Punched" just so everyone (except for Zoey, who was exempt from the challenge, and Mike and Cameron, who swapped fears) can be pitted with their fears. Even Gwen and Courtney were paired with each other, despite the fact that they forgave each other for the events of season 3.
- In order to stir up drama between Courtney and Gwen, Chef and Chris, with some assistance from the producers, showed clips of Duncan and Gwen's kissing.
- Chris called the police on Duncan for blowing up Chris' mansion, even though Chris had it coming for his behavior. Duncan still deserved to get arrested though.
- Chris sent Gwen to Boney Island just for refusing to spend another night with him in the mansion.
- According to Chris, his prison sentence made the challenges even more dangerous.
- Chris changed the rules in "Sundae, Muddy Sundae", even though Courtney was about to win.
- Chris disqualified Gwen for destroying his portrait.
- Chris let the eliminated contestants that season (minus Cameron, Gwen, Heather, and Alejandro) float into the sun. However, Fresh TV confirmed that they were okay.
- Chris refused to let Samey pronounce her name as "Sammy".
- When Samey eliminated her sister Amy, Chris further tests Samey (as Amy) hindering any chance that Samey has on being her own woman.
- Despite having a season's worth of singing in the past, he refused to let Ella sing.
- He even threatened to disqualify Ella if she did. This was successful when Sugar goaded her into singing in order to release Dave from the bear's grasp.
- Chris staged Topher's elimination by posing as one of the producers.
- While some fans argue that Topher had it coming for trying to steal Chris' job, even though Chris wasn't a very nice person after all, this move would negatively impact Chris' career in real life.
- At the merge, Chris fed the final 7 some Juggy Chunks, which consisted of expired meat and mayonnaise from the 1970s.
- When Scarlett became evil, Chris refused to rescue the contestants, caring more about his coffee machine.
- After Scarlett was eliminated, Chris eliminated Max just for boasting about being evil.
- In the final episode of Total Drama before the show went into spin-offs, Chris rigged the finalist helper selection so that Shawn gets Jasmine, and Sky (after two tries) gets Dave. He does this just to show Shawn's confessionals to Jasmine saying that he didn't agree to share the money with her in the first place, and some of Sky's audition tape to Dave so he can learn about Sky's boyfriend Keith. This move didn't sit too well for Dave, who wanted to try and hurt Shawn and Sky as revenge. Ultimately, Dave wanted to hurt Sky even more.
- Chris ends Total Drama unpunished for what he did to Shawn, Jasmine, Sky, and Dave.
- Chris McLean from the first three seasons was more tolerable.
- As explained on the "Forbidden Pages" on the Loathsome Characters Wiki's main page, some of Chris' moments are justified.
- The episode where Chris gets kidnapped by Feral Ezekiel could be enjoyable for some, even considering Chris was not liked by the contestants.
- In response to WHS#15, Chris refused to let his interns eat the tainted sundae that Courtney made.
- Chris did eliminate Sugar for having a low score in the talent contest in "Pahk'd With Talent".
- Chris does not host The Ridonculous Race.
- Chris McLean is voiced by Christian Potenza, who voiced Jude in 6teen and Total DramaRama.
- Even though Chris did not host The Ridonculous Race finale, he was seen in the season finale ("A Million Ways to Lose a Million Dollars") where he is reading a newspaper. He can be seen when the Police Cadets are driving by after one of the commercial breaks.
- Chris is contrasted to Don (the host of The Ridonculous Race).
- While Don is portrayed as a by-the-book host, Chris is willing to change the rules and eliminate who he wants.
- While Don's challenges are life-threatening, they are not as extreme as Chris'.
- Chris frequently kills his interns through his own means, while Don lost one of his in a mishap.
- For the most part, Chris is willing to allow cheating (one example was in "The Princess Pride", when he didn't care that Duncan cheated in the bridge challenge by peeking a little), Don would not hesitate to punish cheating contestants (or any contestants who break the rules).
- One of the possible reasons why Chris was not in Total DramaRama was because of his past behavior in the original series.
- Beth, Chris, Duncan, Izzy, Lindsay, and Mike have been arrested at one point by the police.
- From those six, Chris and Duncan are the only characters seen wearing orange prison suits.