Chloe Carmichael (The Fairly OddParents)
Warning: Do not add the "Franchise Killers" category to this article, as it was recently announced that a live-action reboot of the series is currently in the making. The character may have contributed to the cancellation of the original show, but not the franchise. Additionally, do not vandalize this article or make overly dramatic edits, as Season 10 in general had more problems than just Chloe alone.
Chloe Carmichael is the co-protagonist of The Fairly OddParents from its tenth season. She is Timmy Turner's new neighbor and he also has to share his fairies with her as of the premiere of Season 10, due to a shortage of fairy godparents being available to children. She is voiced by Kari Wahlgren and was introduced in Season 10's first episode, "The Big Fairy Share Scare".
Why She Sucks
- She is the primary example of a Mary Sue. She is a "perfect" character with little to no flaws and often steals the spotlight from Timmy.
- Her voice is very annoying to listen to, due to her voice actress, Kari Wahlgren, yelling at the majority of her lines.
- She also destroys the sole purpose of why kids should have fairy godparents. Even Sparky (while not a good character by any means) from the previous season is a better character than her, and at least he isn't a Gary Stu.
- She is supposedly a "female foil" attempt for Timmy. Don't we already have Vicky for that?
- She manages to make a "can-do" attitude come off as annoying.
- Like modern Timmy Turner, she is an egotistic jerk.
- She can be mean-spirited at times.
- She was more focused on than Poof in Season 10, due to her being the writers' pet.
- She even once had a nervous breakdown at the very mention of her possibly making a bad choice.
- Due to her perfection, she doesn't need fairies nor does Timmy need to share them with her because she and her life is already perfect. In fact, the only reason that is ever given as to why she even needs fairies is because she messes up sometimes and gets sad about it.
- Like Sparky, she is a completely unneeded character to be in the show. In fact, many could consider her one of, if not, the official poster child for pointless characters who only exist to boost a show's ratings.
- She became less of a Mary Sue as Season 10 went on, which was a slight improvement in her characterization.
- She does try to do good things for the world.
- Like the other Butch Hartman characters, she has a memorable design.
Like Sparky, Chloe Carmichael has received tons of negative feedback with longtime fans rage quitting on the series.