Chilly Willy (Woody Woodpecker 2018)
Chilly Willy is a cartoon character created by director Paul Smith for the Walter Lantz studio in 1953, and developed further by Tex Avery in the two subsequent films following Smith's debut entry. The character soon became the second most popular Lantz/Universal character, behind Woody Woodpecker.
In his most recent appearances he appears as a supporting character in the 2018 Woody Woodpecker web series made for YouTube. This animation is the target of much criticism for its low quality of animation and also its flanderization in several characters like Chilly Willy for example.
Why He Sucks
Note: This only applies to his character in the 2018 web series.
- He has been flanderized badly from a troublesome but innocent and cute penguin into a selfish psychopath who cares only for himself and makes other characters, including Woody Woodpecker suffer.
- He never receives karma for his actions.
- His existence on the show doesn't make sense since he was originally not supposed to be a supporting character in the Woody Woodpecker cartoons. In this animation he lives in a forest instead of a cold polar region.
- In the episode "Baby It's Cold Inside" he plays an antagonistic role in trying to steal Winnie from Woody and making Winnie be against her boyfriend. At the end of the episode he wins and also gives a sadistic laugh looking at Woody.
- Based on the episode mentioned above he can also be considered a gary stu.
- In the episode "Chilly Grilly" he steals Woody's food which causes Woody to incriminate Wally for it. For most of the episode, Chilly just eats while Woody tortures Wally. At the end of the episode when he finally appears to receive karma he ends up winning all the food while Woody and Wally have a bad ending (although Woody was deserving the karma too).
- He is also shown to be rather disgusting at times, like when he eats and burps.
- He had a pointless appearance in "The Bird and the Bees".
- He is the worst and most annoying character on the show, even surpassing the 2017 version of Woody.
- The character at least still maintains his old characteristic of being mute and eating a lot.
- His design is still cute.
- His versions of the previous animations are more likeable.