Cat Valentine (Victorious (Seasons 3-4), Sam & Cat)
Caterina Valentine (or shortly Cat Valentine) is a main character in the Nickelodeon live-action sitcom Victorious and one of the two title characters in its spin-off Sam & Cat. She was portrayed by Ariana Grande.
Sadly, she was flanderized after season 3.
- She has gone from an air-headed, but soft-hearted girl to an annoying and whiny idiot.
- For example, Her voice is much more high-pitched and irritating than the beginning of Victorious.
- She can be perceived as irritating and intolerable.
- She can be aggravating because she acts like she is completely brainless and rarely acts her age.
- She often makes stupid jokes.
- While she is very friendly, her sensitivity, energy, and unusual thought processes make her somewhat difficult to be around without getting annoyed.
- And then there were some moments in Victorious and Sam&Cat where her character downright sucked:
- She was very annoying in "SecretSafe". The old throbbing nose joke, and the "pee can"...Probably annoyed the heck out of the people filming.
- She was just unlikable in "YayDay", with the terrible puns and irritating excitement.
- She downright sucked in "Brain Squeezers" along with Tori, Jade, and the rest of the cast.
- She gets treated very poorly, and her character gets a weak kind of personality. It's also may be due to her emotional state from being around her brothers. She's usually pushed around and bullied by people. Nobody seems to understand what's happened to her, and people like Tori, and later Sam, even take advantage of this. And as a result, this character becomes unbearable to watch.
- While she had one of the main roles in victorious, and was supposed to be the star of the show in Sam&Cat, she barely got any vocals or performances at all.
- She doesn't get any vocals at all in Sam&Cat except for a 5-minute rap in #Babysitterwar,
- She only gets a single song in the whole season 3 of "Victorious". And it's not even a solo!
- She can be too much of a badass at times.
- Some things about her are still the same
- She's still a caring person.
- She's still entertaining to watch
- Unlike Sam and Jade, she's not a mean-spirited bully.
- She can still be a badass when it comes to helping out her friends Most people think Cat Valentine is still a pretty good character, despite her flaws in later seasons/shows
- Her looks, costumes, and makeup jobs actually improved in later and especially in Sam&Cat, not that it was actually needed.
- Most people still think she's the best character on both shows.
- She does have her funny moments.
- She was a much better character in the first 2 seasons of Victorious and she was tolerable in the first few episodes of Sam and Cat.
- She does earn a few "victories" in Sam&Cat
- She got karma in the final episode of Sam&Cat, "#GettinWiggy", where she ripped off a young boy's hair thus sending him to the hospital and she got arrested for it. But that still doesn't remove her from the Karma Houdini party or the Idiot Houdini party.
- She actually shows some more signs of intelligence and is (slightly) less stupid in later episodes, like for example in "#Twinfection", she manages to prank Sam using twins and she is not so easily fooled when Sam tries to prank her back with her twin. Or in "MyPoober" when she actually manages to convince this young girl called Ellie to hand over her teddy bear, Poober, which she was obsessed with.
- After her Nickelodeon shows ended, Ariana Grande, the actress who played Cat, went to focus more on her singing career.
- Ariana Grande admits she enjoyed playing this version of Cat.