Cassandra Lang, often called Cassie for short, is a recurring character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She appears as a supporting character in both Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp, a minor character in Avengers: Endgame, and the deuteragonist of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
Unfortunately, while she was good in the first two films, she was badly flanderized in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
Why She Sucked
Note: This only applies to her character depicted in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania since she was likable in Ant-Man. Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Avengers: Endgame.
- To write down the first problem, while Cassie was a loving, compassionate daughter to her father, Scott Lang, in the first two film, she was badly flanderized to a spoiled, selfish, arrogant, childish little brat.
- She is very disrespectful and ungrateful towards Scott after the events of Avengers Endgame for no reason.
- Cassie got arrested not once but twice, the 2nd time was for abusing Scott's technology to shrink and steal a police officer's car to help out homeless camps. First off, she can't give homeless people stolen property especially police property.
- Kathryn Newton doesn't do a good job portraying her. What's more annoying is that Marvel Studios didn't even tell Emma Fuhrmann that she was get replaced just so they could have a well known actress.
- During the dinner scene, She acts bratty to Scott for not doing any Superhero work after he literally saved the universe from Thanos and he lost five years without her and the Avengers are only needed when there are major threats not when people say so, how ungrateful does she have to be.
- Her role as a superhero and scientist is so rushed and forced, because they are no scenes of her explaining how she was able to create her own suit during the blip.
- She literally doesn't see what she did wrong, even Jentorra and M.O.D.O.K. called her out for it. Herself and Janet are both responsible for causing this whole catastrophe in the first place because one, Cassie is the one who created that Quantum signal that can establish contact with the Quantum Realm and why didn't Cassie, Hope, and Hank tell Scott about this day they came back and two, Janet knew about Kang this entire time but didn't think to tell Scott and the others.
- Her dialogue is super cringey and annoying.
- Idiot move: When Kang tortures Scott, she stupidly opened her mouth by telling Scott not to listen to Kang. In doing so, Kang tortures Cassie and almost kills her until Scott does what he want. (She rightfully deserved it for getting them into this mess)
- She was very silly in the fight against M.O.D.O.K. aka Darren Cross by telling him not to be a dick, when she should have just finished him off. Is she suppose to forget than Darren tied to kill her as a child in the first Ant-Man movie.
- She almost got Scott killed in the battle against Kang, and what's worst is that she got Jentorra's people killed.
- She was a better character outside of this movie.
- She does regret her actions when she realizes just how awful the situation is, as Scott is forced into Kang's servitude and has to risk his life just to spare hers. She even cries and apologizes for getting them into this mess. Scott is quick to assure her she's not the one to blame, but Cassie spends much of the movie atoning for this.
- Despite her poor portrayal, it can be argued that she is pretty attractive.