Carter Blake (Heavy Rain)
(Redirected from Carter Blake)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Carter Blake is one of the main characters in Heavy Rain, he is a police lieutenant and a major antagonist.
Why He Sucks
- Despite not being the main villain or being completely evil, Blake is shown to be aggressive, hypocritical, arrogant, a complete control freak and is somehow even more unlikable and psychopathic than the Origami Killer himself. He's also a huge jerk to Norman Jayden for no reason and there's never any explanation at all in the game as to why he acts this way.
- He jumps to conclusions way too much, for example he believed that Ethan Mars is the Origami Killer and chose to get him no matter what, instead of simply investigating more suspects of the Origami Killer.
- Continuing on with #2, he only believes that Ethan Mars is the origami killer because Ethan's ex-wife Grace Mars told the police that Ethan once went out late at night and there was a news about another victim of the Origami Killer when Ethan came back home.
- Even though story was suspicious, believing that Ethan was the Origami Killer all because of that story is rather dumb to do.
- Not only is he extremely unlikable, but he is also quick to ignore protocol and engages in police brutality.
- Additionally, he is never punished for his brutality, making him a "Karma Houdini".
- Unlike Norman Jayden, he never even bothers at trying to find the Origami Killer, and despite this, everyone praises him and treats him like a hero, while Norman Jayden doesn't get any credit at trying to find the killer at all.
- (SPOILERS) Depending on how you played the game, an ending can occur if Ethan makes it to the warehouse alone/all the main characters reach the warehouse but Madison fails to warn Ethan, which involves Blake ordering his men to shoot and kill Ethan Mars right in front of his son's eyes.
- What makes it worse is that if Norman Jayden died at any point during the game, Blake won't get any comeuppance for it at all.
- He does have some funny moments in certain parts of the game, such as the part where Norman Jayden claims that his vast experience hasn't prevented eight victims from being murdered and then Blake proceeds to scream "F*CKING A**HOLE!!".
- (SPOILERS) Depending on how you played the game, if Ethan died from Blake in the warehouse but Norman Jayden is still alive, Carter Blake will get his comeuppance by getting suspended along with Captain Leighton Perry for an indefinite period.