Captain Marvel (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
(Redirected from Captain Marvel (Marvel Cinematic Universe))Jump to navigation Jump to search
Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel is the protagonist of Captain Marvel and a minor character Avengers: Endgame.
Why She Sucks
- She is based on the worst incarnation of Captain Marvel.
- The reason we never got a Black Widow film was because Marvel Studios really wanted Captain Marvel to be their first female lead film.
- She was poorly portrayed, as Brie Larson has a single facial expression throughout both films, showing zero emotion.
- She is arrogant and prone to anger.
- She told the Avengers they failed to beat Thanos because "You didn't have me then".
- She's a Mary Sue who's character arc basically amounts to being validated. She also immediately received powers just because of a Tesseract-powered engine blast.
- Her sleeping with her commanding officer would not fly in any Earth military.
- She attacks random people and causes damages but faces no consequences.
- She just abandons Earth for over 23 years.
- Her portrayer, Brie Larson proclaims Carol to be one of MCU’s most powerful characters, but it doesn’t feel earned. It is also not comic book accurate as Hulk, Thor, Scarlet Witch, and Doctor Strange should all outmatch her.
- Her whole existence creates plot holes. Why didn't Nick Fury call her when setting up the Avengers or during the Age of Ultron? Her explanation of other planets needing her doesn't hold any water as we never actually see her protecting any other worlds either. Where was she when Ronan attacked Xandar?
- She never became Ms. Marvel first and didn't even wear the suit.
- She was shoehorned into Avengers: Endgame. You could take her out of the movie and it wouldn't affect anything other than having the possibility of Tony Stark and Nebula being left for dead in space. The only contributing thing she did in the movie was to save Tony and Nebula from space. And even that could be taken out the film without effecting anything. In fact, she was so pointless in Avengers: Endgame that she is barely in it! If she was just going to be kept out for most of the movie, why bother having her?
- In fact even having her in the the scene with Tony and Nebula was pointless as they could have just had them not start being left for dead in space, making her completely pointless.
- Thor shills for her, acting completely outta character. Look how abrasive his relationship to Peter Quill is. Thor does NOT like people vying for his Alpha position, and I seriously doubt Captain Marvel would get a pass on that.
- In Endgame she copies her awful haircut from the comics.
- Thor is torn down just to prop her up.
- She flirted with an underage Spider-Man.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Her costume is really good.
- Her relationships with both Maria and Monica Rambeau are quite sweet.