|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Short page, and needs more detail on Redeeming Qualities.
Burnie is the deuteragonist of the short-lived 2017 Teletoon animated series, ToonMarty. He is Marty's best friend who has a rivalry with Holly. He was voiced by Mike Patterson.
Why He Sucks
- His design is really ugly, even for Teletoon standards.
- He is a very toxic friend to Marty. Notably, he treats him like dirt to that point that it makes him look like a sociopath who only pretends to be Marty's best friend.
- His voice is irritating and sounds terrible, to the point where it could give Bendy's voice a run for its money.
- In "Candy Cute," he rummages through Suki's pockets, which is illegal.
- Hypocrisy: In "ToonScout Marty," he calls Marty whiny for crying over losing his badges, yet he has also acted immature like this in an earlier episode.
- He stabs Marty in the back in "Chicken Fricassee" by turning against him and calling him a monster.
- He's so stupid to the point where he can't tell it's his best friend singing their song without his hat.
- In "The Hat Makes the Toon," he has the police arrest Holly just because she's annoying.
- He is a ripoff of Patrick Star as they're both fat characters who happen to be best friends with the main character, except with none of Patrick's likability, intelligence and charm.
- We're supposed to feel bad for him when Marty ends their friendship, but instead, he's doing the right thing.
- In one episode, he kills Holly, who thankfully resets in the end.
- He does have moments where we feel bad for him, like when the town made fun of him for having a bad haircut.
- He was completely in the right to scold Marty for exploding at Blub and yelling at him to go home.