Bunny Ruckus is a character of The Boondocks. She appeared in the episode "The Color Ruckus". She is the mother of Uncle Ruckus, Darrel Ruckus, and Daryl Ruckus, the daughter-in-law of Nelly Ruckus, and the wife of Mister Ruckus.
Why She Doesn't Deserve to be with the "White Man"
- For starters, she, alongside her husband Mister, is responsible for Uncle Ruckus' hatred for African-Americans, as she taught him to love "The White Man" as a child and made him believe that he suffered from "re-vitiligo", which she made up in order to help Uncle with his low self-esteem.
- Though this is understandable, given Mister's abusive behavior, she is unfaithful towards her husband.
- She decides to marry her white lover after Mister dies during Nelly's funeral and she did not mourn him, showing that she never loved Mister.
- She never appreciates the hard work that Mister has done for the family.
- Despite the fact that she is an African-American woman herself, she denounces and disrespects the achievements accomplished by black people.
- When she taught Uncle history during his childhood, she spoke lowly of George Washington Carver, claiming that he caused deaths through peanut allergies.
- She is lazy, as she never seems to put in effort to provide for her family and instead wishes that her life would've been easier if she were white.
- She is so deluded by her love for "The White Man" that she never takes the time to see the faults or flaws within white people.
- She never sympathizes with Mister's misery caused by the abuse that the white people have inflicted on him.
- She seems to favor Uncle over her younger sons Darryl and Darrell.
- Bunny continues to manipulate Uncle with her lies even after Mister confesses the truth to him, letting Uncle Ruckus continue to be as deluded as her.
- She is a massive Karma Houdini, as she never gets any comeuppance for instilling Uncle with a racist mindset or being a useless bystander whenever Mister suffers from the abuse he received from his employers when she was supposed to teach Uncle how to proudly accept himself as a black person and offer Mister emotional support. Otherwise, Mister would never abuse Uncle and Uncle wouldn't turn out to be racist towards black people.
- Star Jones did a terrific job voicing her.
- She did get called by Mister for raising their sons to be subservient to white people and fooling their first-born son Uncle into thinking that he is a white man with "re-vitiligo".
- Unlike Mister, Bunny shows affection towards her sons, especially Uncle.
- She was supposed to be her portrayal of a kind mother to Uncle and her two sons, but sadly failed.