Bumblebee (Michael Bay pentalogy)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Short page. Also needs an infobox.
Bumblebee is the current second-in-command of the Autobots as well as the kid-appeal character. Similar to Optimus Prime, he has been badly butchered.
- Michael Bay went literal with the definition of the name "Bumblebee", thus painting him under the colors of an actual bumblebee. However, that's not the creepy thing, the creepy thing is that his face was directly based off of an actual bumblebee.
- Him having a gas cap and talking with a radio voice is very annoying.
- In fact, Bumblebee barely talks except in Transformers, Transformers: Age of Extinction, and Transformers: The Last Knight.
- Bumblebee's relationship with Sam Witwicky is very cringe-worthy and one-sided.
- In the 2007 film, he urinates oil(?) on Seymour Simmons, creating an unfortunate implication between Cybertronians and male human anatomy.
- He bought the popularity of Bumblebee back and influenced his next incarnations well.
- Bumblebee is not as bad as Optimus Prime.
- Much like Optimus Prime, he was somewhat tolerable in Transformers (2007).
- He massively redeemed himself in his own origin/spin-off film, Bumblebee (2018), and due to the success of the film, this allowed the character's reputation to improve.
- He did spawn a lot of good toys based on him.