Brittany Miller (Alvin and the Chipmunks)
Brittany Miller is one of the characters from the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise who is the female counterpart of Alvin. She is a part of a band called The Chipettes, where she's the leader. She also happens to be the older sister of Jeanette and Eleanor.
Unfortunately she is poorly scripted and therefore making her arguably the least likable of not only The Chipettes but of all six of the main chipmunks of the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise.
NOTE: These qualities apply to ALL of her television incarnations.
- She can be a very selfish person.
- Due to the fact that her ego is bigger than Jupiter, she hates admitting her mistakes sometimes.
- In The Chipmunk Adventure, she caused her and her sisters to get their balloon destroyed, but she flat out refuses to admit it.
- She's very vain about her appearance, especially in the 1980s Alvin and the Chipmunks episode "I Love the Chipmunks Valentine."
- Not to mention, rather than wearing her signature sleeveless clothing like the 1983 series, she wears long-sleeved clothing in the CGI films and reboot for no apparent reason.
- She qualifies as a mean girl stereotype.
- Some of her outfits are way too inappropriate for her age, mainly because they're mostly bikini-like midriff-barring outfits, like this, this, this, this, this, and this. She's too young to be wearing outfits like that!
- She has a short temper.
- She can be a bad older sister sometimes.
- In the CGI episodes, "My Sister The Weirdo" and "Sister Act," she treated Jeanette and Eleanor like dirt, respectively.
- She constantly bosses Jeanette around and takes advantage of her kindness.
- In the CGI series episode "Albrittina," she, along with Simon and Alvin, change their personalities in order to break the "curse." Brittany became a mean Gothic girl, which led her to getting in trouble multiple times.
- She just can't seem to stop getting into fights with Alvin, as she fights him the most.
- In the 1980s episode "The Greatest Show-Offs on Earth," she refused to dress in black, but instead, she dressed in pink superhero costume because she hates the color black.
- Irony: She is shown to like the color black in the CGI series episode, "Albrittina", hence showing off real hypocrisy.
- She's way too similar to Alvin in terms of personality, albeit worse.
- She is stereotypically feminine.
- Like the other 5 chipmunk characters in the CGI series, her character design looks uncanny as she looks more human than a chipmunk, which is odd.
- Even in the reboot series, she was derailed into an unlikeable jerk who abuses the male counterpart (along with her sisters, although they can be more tolerable than her and less abusive) since she often abuses the male counterparts.
- She does apologies for her actions.
- Her normal and singing voice are both outright incredible.
- She isn't always selfish and can be likable in some episodes or movies.
- At least her later incarnations aren't as mean as her 1980s incarnation and she is more mature in the CGI series, which can be some character development for her.
- In fact, despite her derailment in the CGI series, she has been improving since season 2, as she became more tolerable in later episodes, she has less gross-out humor (mostly), and she has more likable moments, but she isn't perfect, as many of her flaws still remain.
- In the 80s cartoon, she does have a gorgeous character design, especially in later episodes when the art style was changed.
- She doesn't always have fights with people.
- She is likable in the CGI films, being notably more supportive of her sisters including Jeanette. Also, she, along with Alvin and Simon, go through decent character development in the second film. She is also selfless when she stands up to Ian when he doesn’t give her sisters credit for their performance than he does her, insisting that they perform together or not at all, in a way putting them first before herself. Her scenes with Alvin are also very cute in the third film.
- The franchise would've not been the same without her.
- She and Alvin does have a nice love-hate relationship, similar to Knuckles and Rouge in the Sonic franchise.
- Brittany is the only Chipette to have never had her eye color change through the years.
- She's taller than Eleanor but shorter than Jeanette.
- Charlene the Chipette was the inspiration of Brittany Miller.
- It's unknown how old she is, but she's not an adult. She is probably a teenager since she goes to the high school in the CGI series.
- Her favorite color is pink.
- In the 1980s Alvin and the Chipmunks episode, "Cinderella? Cinderella!", she "hates" the color green, but Eleanor doesn't take offense to it, as green is her favorite color. According to Brittany, green doesn't look good on her.
- Brittany, along with Eleanor and Jeanette, are known as The Babes in the Alvin and the Chipmunks Go to the Movies episode, "Bigger!" She also goes by the name, Barbie, instead of Brittany.
- Brittany, along with Jeanette and Eleanor, made their first CGI appearance in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
- The only CGI movie Brittany and her sisters didn't appear was the first movie.