Brian Griffin (Family Guy Seasons 7-present)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brian Griffin is one of the main characters of the American adult animated TV series Family Guy. He is the Griffins' dog, and is the voice of reason of the show. He is voiced by the creator Seth MacFarlane.
Why He Sucks (during seasons 7-present)
- He is a pretentious, arrogant and narcissistic jerk who isn't above manipulating and tricking his friends and family into getting what he wants.
- He is occasionally genuinely bad to his family.
- He calls himself an Atheist, despite the fact that he met Jesus Christ and God before.
- He has become nothing more than just the soapbox for Seth MacFarlane. Most of his lines nowadays are just him preaching Seth's beliefs.
- He's even a racist; he used a computer to post a racist tweet on Twitter in the episode "The D in Apartment 23". Although, he didn’t deserve being constantly spammed “kill yourself.” by the Social Justice Warriors, and he just made a bad joke.
- He had so many unlikable and gross moments. Like when he once conned Quagmire, even though Quagmire helped Brian at the beginning of the episode, and the fact he had sex with his robot duplicate.
- In one episode, Brian invested in a company that sold protein shakes. Even after Stewie showed Brian that the shakes were made of dog meat, Brian still willingly invested. What the heck, that’s cannibalism, and it’s not normal in dogs!
- He has shown to be a hypocrite from time to time:
- An example is in Brian & Stewie, in which despite being liberal, he keeps a pistol because of protective reasons and pretends to be against using a gun itself over the "national tragedy at Combine".
- Another example of Brian being a hypocrite is when he deliberately runs over a squirrel, which, unbeknownst to him, traumatizes Stewie. He also hires a hitman to kill Quagmire's cat. Also during a date in Love, Blactually, he mauls a rabbit at a pet store. These actions make him a hypocrite because in several episodes he supported animals rights and was against violence towards animals.
- And the last example is his views on LGBT rights, which he violated in Family Gay when Lois is depressed that Peter is leaving her for another man. Brian then takes Stewie's idea for ending Lois' depression by kidnapping Peter and taking him to an ex-gay center to "turn back to his old self".
- To make all of this worse, he's aware at the fact he's, in his own words, a "self-righteous Liberal douchebag", and he doesn't care!
- Like Peter Griffin, he used to be a more likable character in Family Guy's earlier seasons.
- He sometimes acts like the likable voice of reason.
- He has an awesome and believable chemistry with Stewie.
- He is still a little funny.
- He cares a lot about his friends and family.
- Brian’s a Labrador.