Bowser Junior (Now known as simply Junior since 2021) is one of the main characters from the puppet web-series SuperMarioLogan. He is Bowser's son and he was highly known for his role in the Junior era, the era where there are many videos based off of him. He is voiced by the series creator Logan Thirtyacre.
Sadly, since late-2019, he's been flanderized and hasn't recovered ever since.
Why He Needs To Go Back To Military School
- In late 2019, or more specifically, "Taken Away", he was badly flanderized and became overbearingly annoying, unfunny, and is much stupider, to the point where he even developed sociopathic tendencies. While he was always supposed to be somewhat of a jerk, he still had a nicer side and was meant to be more rebellious than outright sociopathic.
- He has also been noted for acting extremely cruel to Chef Pee Pee and Cody for little to no reason whatsoever; especially Cody to the point that almost any interaction with Cody often ends with either Junior insulting him, mocking him/a family member, or sometimes abusing him verbally/physically.
- He's started to become aggravatingly petty in most episodes; for example, in "The School Project", when Cody asked Junior if he can play with the helicopter, Junior said "no", but for no reason, he gave Cody a chance to play with the helicopter. Then after it breaks, he gets so angry he refuses to talk to Cody, even when the latter tries to tell him it was an accident and goes as far as to destroy their shared school project to get revenge.
- Also as implied above, his stupidity has been over-exaggerated to the point where he often cannot even remember basic facts or even apply a bit of common sense to situations, but whereas his pre-2019 self was able to handle ignorant comedy a lot better, his stupidity now more often seems to be forced into videos for the sake of plot convenience and tends to be more annoying than funny; notably in "Taken Away", his flanderization episode where he continually predicts the safe combination is things like "1111", "2222" and so forth and gets the safe locked because of it.
- A lot of his common recurring jokes have become stale and painful to watch from overuse; a prime example is him making fun of Cody's mom's weight. While the joke has existed in the series for a while, it's started to become beaten into the ground from 2019 onwards; it gets to the point where sometimes 30 seconds or more of a video are dedicated solely to "Cody's Mom" jokes.
- He has done many horrible things, all in the name of "comedy":
- In "Cody Goes to College", when he learns that Cody isn't going to hang out with him and Joseph anymore because he's going to college, they get him kicked out of college so they can continue to have a punching bag.
- In "Bowser Junior's Prank Gone Wrong" he alongside Joseph, blew an air horn in Chef Pee Pee's ears and made him deaf, and Junior uses that problem to insult Chef Pee Pee, going as far as to say the page quote.
- He was at his absolute worst in "Bowser Junior's Revenge", as he cyberstalks, sends threatening messages to, and even tries to burn Cody's house down. The reason he does this is simply that Cody accidentally knocked over his piggy bank, which Junior nonsensically accuses him of doing on purpose.
- In "Junior Goes To Legoland", Junior doesn't care about Joseph and Cody's injuries as he yells at Joseph to stop giving him the silent treatment and to delete the picture. He goes further as throwing him off his wheelchair. When Cody asks Junior to get him something (as he can't move), Junior gets annoyed and calls Cody "princess".
- In "Cody's Cavity", he and Joseph keep hurting Cody to get his rotten tooth out and they claim themselves to be good friends, even though they're far from good friends.
- In "Junior's Karma", he insulted a disabled boy in a wheelchair which foreshadowed Junior getting what he deserved.
- He, along with Joseph, were also at their absolute worst in "Cody's Bad Word" where they falsely accuse Cody of being racist, even though Cody actually said "Inward".
- In "Spin the Bottle", he proposes playing Spin the Bottle so he can try and get Penelope to kiss him. When Cody ends up being forced to kiss Penelope, Junior gets mad and records Cosy kissing Penelope so he can show it to Ken out of spite, even though Cody didn't even want to kiss Penelope and had no choice and Junior stupidly blames this on Cody anyway. Junior also stupidly suggests that Cody got Penelope pregnant from kissing her. When Cody pays Junior a hundred dollars not to show Ken, Junior takes the money, shows Ken anyway, and doesn't even give Cody back his money.
- In "The Cheerleading Competition" he decides to try to get Penelope and Heidi disqualified by planning to give them steroids and he even injured Heidi with that needle. He planned to put Miralax in their drink, he planned them into having them saying the N word which Penelope tricked him into saying, then he dresses up as Penelope so she would get grounded by her dad by making out with Cody. He even stole the trophy from the girls after he and Cody got disqualified.
- In "Jeffy's Laser Pointer", Junior tells Jeffy to shine a laser into Cody's eyes, thinking it would give him 20/22 vision and slaps him to see if Cody can see. He even tells Jeffy to shine a laser at the plane Brooklyn Guy was flying, which resulted in Brooklyn Guy crashing the plane which destroyed the donor organs he was bringing to a hospital.
- In "The Spring Break Disaster" he along with Joseph Cody and Jeffy go to the beach during a storm and he and Joseph forced Cody to catch the football which made him drown.
- In "Breaking Bad" when Jeffy was selling blue rock candy he and Joseph blame Cody and thought it was his which got Cody arrested.
- In "The Ancient Egg" when Jeffy stole Brooklyn Guy's excavator Brooklyn Guy asked him Joseph and Cody where his excavator was and he and Joseph lied by telling him he didn't know where it was.
- He and Joseph were much worse in "No Invite" which they antagonize Cody just because they're not invited for the crimes they did to Cody and accused him for being a racist to people whose name does not start with a P, don't wear glasses and are straight which none of those show how racism even works. They then ruin the ceremony for Cody which upsets him and leaves then Junior throws a tantrum just because of no buffet. And to take matters worse, they force Cody to apologize even though he and Joseph were the ones who should be apologizing yet they have no remorse for their actions when they claimed they bully him just to support him but none of this make any sense when it doesn't even sound like support at all. Junior outright says he isn't apologizing for anything because he didn't do anything wrong, even though he did. He doesn't get any punishment for this either.
- In "Junior's Sad Disney Trip", he idiotically gives away Joseph and Cody to Mickey without thinking of the consequences which results to Mickey and Goofy to almost kill Joseph and Cody.
- In "Junior's Cheeto Dinosaur", he idiotically caused a nuke to go active and failed to stop it from being deactivated due to his incompetence and as a result destroys all of Florida.
- Plus, no matter what Junior does to them in most of his videos, he sometimes Doesn't receive a punishment (besides Junior's Karma) - thus making him a Karma Houdini. This is due to Logan sometimes not writing him in the wrong.
- Overall, these problems with Junior have ruined the overall reputation of his character, to the point where many people have considered him to be worse than Jeffy. In fact, the downfall of his character is just one of the reasons why SML's quality has been going down the drain in recent years.
- To make matters even worse, we are apparently meant to sympathize with him because Logan never seems to write him in the wrong (as stated above). This was easy to do so in the 2013-2019 videos, since he was constantly being abused - both physically and verbally - by both Bowser and Chef Pee Pee, not to mention the fact that Cody could be a major jerkass towards him during the 2017-2019 era. Sadly, any attempts to get us to sympathize with him in the 2019-present videos fall apart due to the fact that he is now a selfish greedy brat who doesn't care about anybody but himself.
- He was much more likable until late 2019, and even today he still has many funny and likable moments; in "Precious' Biggest Fan", for example, it's easy to feel sorry for him since he (along with Joseph) mourned the death of Precious and paid his respects for her. He also has multiple videos where he reverts to his old personality, like "Bowser Junior's Stinky Friend", "Junior's Embarrassing Video", "Nine Lives", "Junior Saves ToysRus", "Junior's New Year's Resolution", "Groundhog Day", "Junior's Last Meal", "Jeffy The Wrestler", etc.
- Logan still does a decent job voicing him, as always, except for when he is yelling.
- His puppet design is commonly regarded as one of, if not the best SML puppet redesigns since it is rather faithful to Junior's original video game design and fits his current personality well, despite some flaws.
- He sometimes gets comeuppances in videos. In "The Film Project", for example, Cody slapped him after he insulted his mom in front of the class - and he fully got his comeuppance in "Junior's Karma" where he got what he deserves for the most part.
- Another instance of him getting karma is in "Jeffy's Laser Pointer", where he is blinded as a result of Jeffy shining a laser in his eye and is forced to wear glasses for the rest of the video. This is considered karma for him blinding Cody by telling Jeffy to shine the laser pointer in his eyes.
- In "The Cheerleading Competition" he along with Cody do get disqualified by breaking Heidi's kneecaps. Even though Cody did nothing wrong other than being forced to break her kneecaps by Junior.
- To be fair, his unlikable behavior can be justified since his father doesn't support him.
- Like Jeffy, he has a Kable10 incarnation who's much more tolerable.
- Sometimes, often when Joesph isn't around, he is nice to Cody for the most part.
- Depending on your POV, him and Joesph slightly improved during 2023.
- In 2021, he, along with every other Mario character, has been permanently turned into SML human puppets that don't resemble the games due to legal issues with Nintendo.