"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Reason: Domestic abuse, violence, and strong language.
Bowser is a main character in the SuperMarioLogan YouTube channel. He is the father of Bowser Junior, and is portrayed by Lovell Stanton. He's normally a decent character in the series, but sadly, he was flanderized from 2011 to 2016.
Why He Doesn't Get To Watch Charleyyy and Friends
- He had become an unintelligent, lazy, sadistic, abusive, and negligent father figure who's barely in his own son's life, doesn't care about anybody, and verbally abuses his own chef. While he was always supposed to be an antagonistic character, these qualities were exaggerated to the point of overshadowing his charm as a character.
- The few times he did interact with Junior, it's usually just to beat him up with a belt or sometimes just punch him out, usually for minor annoyances; according to "Switching Bodies" he doesn't even need a reason.
- He is cruel to Chef Pee Pee, often refusing to pay him and screaming at him constantly, sometimes beating him, and frequently threatening him with death if he makes his food incorrectly or doesn't make it fast enough.
- The repetitive, annoying gag of Bowser always watching Charleyyy and Friends and obsessing over the titular Charleyyy was basically his entire character. He was very rarely seen doing anything else aside from yelling at Junior or Chef Pee Pee.
- His dependency on the show reaches the point where he tried to commit suicide simply because the show was canceled in "Bowser's Depression".
- He has a fiery temper and launches into tirades over minor, insignificant things, such as missing a Charleyyy and Friends episode because his TV broke in "Bowser's Broken TV".
- Like many SML characters, he is incredibly unintelligent, to the point that he didn't even recognize his own son in "Bowser Junior Sneaks Out".
- It's shown that he has been brainwashed by the media in "Bowser Junior's Halloween" as he directly states everything on the news is true.
- He has also been shown to be a sore loser, especially in videos like "Bowser Junior's Easter Egg Hunt" where he cheats by slamming Junior into walls and later throws a fit when Junior beats him.
- His character isn't even fully consistent, as despite never caring about Junior much of the time, he suddenly becomes an overbearing and overprotective parent during the Halloween specials.
- He is shown to be racist and sexist.
- He got Mario to stop saving Peach because "women just sometimes need to be quiet".
- In at least one video, he remarks that "dark-skinned people" are suspicious. This is actually rather ironic as not only Bowser's idol Charleyyy is black, but his voice actor is also black. And Charleyyy is also played by his voice actor too.
- It has been shown a few times he is emotionally unstable and implied many times he is a psychopath:
- He supposedly killed a girl at a gas station over a key chain of all things.
- He has beaten up and even killed pet animals multiple times ("Bowser Junior's Pet" and "Bowser's Parrot").
- He is shown engaging in bestiality with Junior's late pet, Chompy, by smearing peanut butter on his genitals for Chompy to lick, and the same video implies this was a regular occurrence.
- In general, he is shown to be sexually deviant with him being implied to regularly hire strippers in "The Button!".
- He called his wife a "hoe" after he thought she was gonna leave him again, which is a misogynistic slur.
- Bowser was great before his flanderization in 2011 and is decent as of 2017.
- He still has great videos centered around him like "Bowser's Dilemma", "Evil Bowser" and "Bowser's Video Game".
- He was great in the "Mario and Bowser's Stupid and Crazy Adventures" series; in fact, his appearances in that series are considered to be arguably some of his best appearances throughout all of SML.
- While it is hypocritical of him to do so, he does call out Mario for beating up Jeffy in "The New House", which suggests he does still have standards.
- Sometimes he did get karma for his abuse, such as in "Home Alone" where he gets arrested for leaving Bowser Junior home alone.
- Even his obsession with Charleyyy is entertaining and was a funny addition to his character before it became his main trait.