Boa Hancock (One Piece)
Boa Hancock is the redeemed main antagonist of the Amazon Lilly Arc, and one of the the tritagonists of Marineford Arc of the Shonen Jump manga and anime series, One Piece.
She is the current empress and the Snake Princess of Amazon Lily and rules over the Kuja tribe with her two younger Gorgon sisters, Boa Sandersonia and Boa Marigold and captain of the Kuja Pirates.
- She's meant to come off as a sympathetic empress who's childhood of being enslaved by the World Nobles has lead her to acquire a misandry towards men. But she instead comes off as an unsympathetic and petty empress who's very self-absorbed, entitled, and has done things that ultimately makes her no better than the World Nobles.
- The reason for her misandry towards men makes no sense. Especially since she was saved by men from the World Nobles when she was still a child slave, and has a crush on Luffy.
- She has no character development. Even after she meets Luffy, she still remains as the same self-absorbed jerk with misandry. She doesn't even have a thought that maybe not all men are bad.
- What also takes sympathy away from her is she is a massive unlikable jerkass who's done things so immoral that makes her no better than the World Nobles. She kicks animals in her path, she destroys a statue of her that was sculpt by children, kills anyone who intrudes on Amazon Lily, and she was willing to kill one of her own soldiers.
- She generally never gets called out for her actions, or for even her misandry towards men. Especially when the later Fishmen Arc talked about not judging humanity based on past experience of the World Nobles. Which comes off as hypocritical on Hancock's part.
- She has a very attractive character design.
- Her voice acting is good with Kotono Mitsuishi, known for voicing Sailor Moon in the Japanese sub. Lydia Mackay, who voiced Ultear Milkovich in the English dub of Fairy Tail, also does a good job voicing her.
- She's a great fighter, and her Devil Fruit powers are cool.
- Her crush on Luffy is pretty funny and adorable.
- Her past as a child slave still deserves some sympathy since being forced to live a life of slavery is heartbreaking. We mean how would you feel if you experienced the same thing?