NOTE: THE REASON I WON'T ADD TENKO TO THIS WIKI IS BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE WHO LIKE HER THAN OTHER CHARACTERS HERE. BECAUSE OF THAT, I'LL MAKE A BLOG POST EXPLAINING MY REASONS FOR DISLIKING HER.
Tenko Chabashira (茶柱 転子) is a student in the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles and a participant of the Killing School Semester featured in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony. Her title is the Ultimate Aikido Master (超高校級の「合気道家」 lit. Super High School Level Aikido Master).
Why She Sucks
- The main problem with Tenko is that she's a HUGE misandrist. Often referring to men as "degenerate males" (which will get annoying before you know it), always accusing men of being culprits during Class Trials (which ironically, both have female culprits), and even going as far as to demand Shuichi to get a sex change when he tries to shake her hand. Whenever a male tries to defend themselves, she ignores their actual reasoning and assumes they're trying to save their image like she stereotypes them to do. And while her Free Time Events make her come to terms with the fact that good males do exist, she still claims she would only trust those that devote themselves to Neo-Aikido.
- She also says that if a male touches her, her reflex is to throw them across the room (which, as we learn later, she was being completely serious about). This gets horrific when you consider what would happen if a male younger than her, like a young child, touches her. Would she throw them across the room too?
- This gets worse in the Ultimate Talent Development Plan, where she horribly mistreats Taka (abusing him to the point of driving him to tears), Fuyuhiko (accusing him of being a pervert with zero proof), Leon (refuses to let him, and possibly many other males, watch Sayaka's Fashion show because "it's a necessary measure", and later tries to attack him) and Yasuhiro (simply torturing him over the fact that he's a male) when they were all doing nothing to her, tells Mahiru that all men should die and accuses her of being blackmailed by a male when she says Tenko was taking things too far, referring to men as "sneaky bastards". She also acts terrible towards Nekomaru, but he didn't take as much insult to her comments.
- Hypocrisy: While she's quick to treat the guys as all being dangerous she is the most overtly violent member of the cast to act with very little warning or provocation, unlike say Kaito or Maki, as best seen during her very first free time event. Not to mention the issue of her accusing the men of all being perverts, even though she and Miu (who she doesn't complain about) are both much more obviously guilty of acting with their minds in the gutter and making others uncomfortable as a result of this, particularly where Himiko is involved.
- Her free time events take her horrendous behavior up to eleven with her saying disgusting things about men and even threatening (and performing) physical violence against them, proving she wasn't bluffing when she said she would throw a male across the room if they touched her. And if her behavior ever seemed funny, it certainly won't be now.
- Her first one with Shuichi involves her knocking him out cold over nothing (although she does carry him to his bed, but she still shouldn't have done it in the first place, especially considering how she ended up throwing him across the room several times).
- Her first one with Kaede isn't much better, where says a lot of bad things about the "degenerate males", going as far to suggest snapping Shuichi's spine (as a "pre-emptive strike").
- In Love Across the Universe, if you choose "Getting horny after a meal," she asks Shuichi how he would like to die, and that he should already know since he aggravated her.
- Her other free time events have her saying other atrocious and disgusting slurs about males like...
- Asking God why he created males and saying that girls would live in peace if they all disappeared from the world and that males were created by the Devil.
- Accusing Shuichi of wanting to sexually harass the girls and calling males "Worst, lowest, most evil scum".
- Refusing to accept Shuichi's apology when he did nothing to her and calls him a coward.
- Calling males' entire existence is "inexcusable" and "unforgivable" (which happens to come after three other statements we'll get to later...).
- Saying she can't forgive males when Shuichi points out she can't go through life without encountering some, and that if she rid humanity of males, there would be no more obstacles.
- Saying that she already disliked males, but now she hates them with every fiber of her being, immediately after saying the one above.
- Accusing males of always sticking their heads in the clouds with their delusions.
- Telling Shuichi to "blame himself" for being born as a male.
- She has a tendency to stalk Himiko Yumeno, and this obsession gets really creepy after a while. This gets to the point where, during the second trial, Tenko out and outright admits that she'd pick Himiko over the other students if it turned out Himiko was the murderer.
- And the reason she's so obsessed with Himiko? She admires her skills as a performer, she's cute, and, that's it. This feels like a massive waste of potential, as she could've had a bigger, more detailed reason for why she feels the way she does towards Himiko, like that she reminds her of a lost friend or family member.
- No matter how awful her behavior gets, her classmates rarely (if ever) even try to call her out for it. That's right, despite everything she said, and did, during her Free Time Events, no one even tried to point it out and everyone simply lets her continue her terrible behavior towards the males.
- Despite the fact that her hatred of men stems from her master telling her that contact with them would weaken her Neo-Akido Spirit, he was a man, and she was never able to pick that up until Shuichi pointed it out. She even treats this like some big revelation even though she should've been able to pick it up at some time, but is somehow never occurred to her.
- Speaking of her Master, the fact that she was allowing him to control her and completely bought everything he said without a second thought or even the slightest bit of consideration for the fact that she could make the decision whether to believe what he said or not makes her hatred of men inexcusable.
- While it can be argued that Tenko's disdain for boys is probably more an idea she's forced herself to believe rather than something born of genuine dislike, there's still the fact that she already had a dislike for men before her master told her that contact with them would drain her Neo-Akido spirit, seemingly due to the ones she had encountered in her past while performing community service. And she should still know better than to believe all of them are like the ones she's seen then. So her hatred of men still isn't justified.
- Despite her somewhat creepy relationship with Himiko, she isn't just a straight-up creep towards her and actually tries to get Himiko to be more expressive and not bottle up her emotions, which is more than what can be said about Toko Fukawa and Kazuichi Souda towards with Byakuya Togami and Sonia Nevermind respectively from the previous games. Her death also helps kick-start Himiko's character development.
- She has a nice character design.
- She's a good friend to the girls and can be nice to her male peers sometimes, like when co-operated with Gonta and Kaito during Chapter 1, supported Shuichi after Kaede's death, chided Kaito and Kokichi for making a big deal about Shuichi not wearing his hat after said death and telling them to back off and leave him to grieve, and she's just as shocked as the others when the male students die. Despite that, she shows only the slightest hints of her changing her views on men throughout the game.
- Her hatred for men is somewhat understandable given the men she had encountered in the past while helping people as part of her Neo-Akido and what her master had told her... until you realize he was a man and Tenko didn't see anything wrong with that.
- She spends much of her last Free Time Event with Shuichi making excuses for liking males such as him or her master.