AttackerAngel85's failed page
Catra is one of the main characters in "She-Ra and the Princesses of Power". She is the deuteragonist and a former antagonist. Starting out as a cadet in the Horde, Catra was soon promoted to the rank of Force Captain and eventually served as Hordak's second in command. After the invasion of the Galactic Horde, Catra briefly served as an agent of Horde Prime.
After her reform, she became Adora's girlfriend.
Why She Sucks
- She's badly drawn compared to her original counterpart, looking like a boy.
- She's a very poor attempt at creating the show's version of Zuko. Whereas Zuko was a conflicted character who was sympathetic from the start, Catra was just a villain who did one bad thing after another before having a rushed redemption.
- Due to her looking so young, her relationship with other characters is creepy. Its even worse as Adora looks even younger.
- Since she and Adora grew up as stepsisters, their relationship is incest.
- Apart from the incestous nature of it, it is also incredibly toxic romanticised abuse, going as far as to nearly kill Adora. It makes Bella's relationship with Edward look healthy in comparison. And it makes no sense that Adora would want anything to do with her after all the things she did just to spite her. Its like Batman having a relationship with the Joker.
- She's a karma houdini who is easily forgiven by everyone. She constantly committed terrible acts, including trying to destroy reality just to spite Adora, and refused to accept her responsibility for her own actions (even blaming Adora for them), until when Double Trouble gives her a speech about how she drives others away.
- Afterwards, she was given a rushed redemption without having enough time to go through a proper redemption arc. This is especially bad as her trying to destroy reality (again just to one up Adora who she supposedly loves) was seen by many as a moral event horizon.
- Her redemption was also only wanted because fans wanted her and Adora together (and the creator based the relationship based the relationship on her own relationship), even though Adora eventually saw she was too far gone and gave up on her.