Billy (Thomas & Friends)
Billy is a character that appeared in the episode "Don't Be Silly, Billy" Thomas and Friends. He is a orange tank engine that was brought by sir Topham Hatt to help with the work load on the island of sodor at the time. He is hated by fans and critics of Thomas and Friends for his rude behavior.
Why He Sucks
- He is just a pointless character that was shoehorned in the show in one episode for no reason.
- He is very rude to Thomas just because he was telling him to get some coal and water.
- He is very irresponsible and impulsive and wants everything to go his way.
- His line "Stop telling me what to do Thomas, you're a very bossy engine!" gets really repetitive and annoying really fast.
- His face design looks rather ugly.
- His bio even says that he and Charlie are brothers, that's definitely saying much!
- He kept running off, leaving his trucks behind every time Thomas told him to take on coal and water.
- He teaches a terrible moral to kids: "it's okay to disobey orders".
- He is very spoiled and annoying.
- Considering he only appeared in one episode, like with most HIT-era characters, his only purpose was to sell toys, merchandise and nothing more.
- Billy has a neat design.
- Unlike Charlie, Billy received Karma for his actions as he ran out of water after a while.
- The idea behind Billy is interesting as he is meant to be like a Hillibilly-like engine.
As stated above, Billy's characters was met with negative reception due to his rude behavior. Because of the negative reception that Season 11's, Don't Be Silly Billy had received, Billy had never appeared again.
- Billy is based on a Manning Wardle L Class 0-6-0ST. Charlie, another infamous character in the series, is another engine of this basis.